Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

Not really related to HY-POLY though, maybe post it in the other HY-Plugins thread.

crickey13 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:49 pm Not really related to HY-POLY though, maybe post it in the other HY-Plugins thread.
Cheers, when it came up in the thread search I thought it was the only HY thread. Posted it in the main one. :tu:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

:tu:

Tadashi posts in the other thread, so it makes more sense to post it there.

I've just bought HY-POLY, like an hour ago or so. Can't wait to check it out.

I really like it. It's fairly straightforward and none of the individual components jump out at you, yet it is capable of making some great timbres without a whole lot of effort.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BTW, thank you BONES for mentioning it in other threads. The synth itself might not be especially sophisticated in comparison with the most advanced softsynths out there, but I find that it really excels in overall ergonomics, CPU efficiency and the integration of its sound engine with its internal audio as well as MIDI effects.

It's not so much about features themselves as it is about the way they're all put together and about the general balance of complexity and immediacy. A great tool, it's gonna be fun using it in making tracks.

Exactly!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:00 am Not to mention the sound. It's so crisp, yet rich/lush at the same time. Quality inside and out.
You have perfectly defined my first impression of HY-POLY. I must say additionally that I feel a kind of legitimate transparency in the sound spectrum, it's like that signature of the best analog synths but from a digital perspective.

The display of modulation activity and target implementation is fantastic, very intuitive. The effects are outstanding in quality and settings. I love the MIDI effects module, extremely musical, the arpeggiator is a very well implemented plus.

The preset set included is interesting and original, offering a palette of sounds that are excellent fertile ground for experimentation and custom modification.

The attention and support is excellent, friendly and helpful experience, thank you Tadashi!

This is a short audio demo with 4 instances pf HY-POLY for bass, pads, arpeggio and lead. Plus my real guitar toward the end. Drums are from the amazing UJAM Glory.
I used a trap style drum with an unusual fast tempo and a bit of synthesized drumming.
HY-POLY stands out in the mix in a surprising and distinguishable way.

https://bit.ly/3gmmWXg

Will there be an M1 version for the new Macs? Soon? :pray:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I love HY-POLY's interface, but couldn't understand why the LFO/Steps windows have to be detached style if there is a whole panel at the bottom that can easily accomodate them.

I can't say I've ever even thought about it. What would be the advantage of using the bottom panel?

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:48 am I can't say I've ever even thought about it. What would be the advantage of using the bottom panel?
Not having multiple windows opened at once, for me it streamlines the GUI and user experience. It's nothing huge cuz this synth's GUI is quite tidy in general, but it just seems easily doable and more coherent to implement it to the bottom panel (like in Surge, and many other synths) instead of openning a new window for that.

It's a tough one, though, because there is actually a shitload of stuff in that pop-up window - 2 x LFO, S&H and 3 x Seq/MEnv thingies. It would take 4 or 5 extra tabs/panels and I don't see that it helps anyone. In fact, an extra window allows you to see more at once so it's probably a better way to go for my money.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:14 am It's a tough one, though, because there is actually a shitload of stuff in that pop-up window - 2 x LFO, S&H and 3 x Seq/MEnv thingies. It would take 4 or 5 extra tabs/panels and I don't see that it helps anyone. In fact, an extra window allows you to see more at once so it's probably a better way to go for my money.
Well, the buttons are already there, they can just be converted to tabs.
Anyways, that's not a deal breaker because like i said, the design is generally quite clean and non distracting, but in general i tend to prefer Instruments are not heavily tabbed or have sub-windows for no apparant reason, i like all-in-one interfaces with minimum distractions.

Me too but where the tabs exist, it doesn't worry me in the slightest how they are implemented. So in this case, I'd prefer to see them in the main GUI, always visible, even if it meant making the GUI larger.

Not that I need yet another soft synth, but I've played with the free version of HY-Poly now, and I like it a lot so far. :tu:

I wonder if it would be possible to see what the numeric values of the settings are for the knobs and thumb slider; I like to see the full range of values for synth parameters.

Also, it is very useful when the UI of a soft synth allows you to click a control, and a text box appears so that you may type-in an exact numerical value for that particular synth setting. I wonder if that feature would be possible to have in this soft synth.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”