RapidComposer v4 beta feedback and discussion (locked)

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer RapidComposer LE

Deleted
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v13.0.30; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v6.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

The notes kept getting sliced when I tried to use Humanize variation right after Join note. Is there a way to make the notes joined first then apply humanize without modifying the variation destructively?

Best,
HPN
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 4.01.18 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:35 am Hi Attila

In the next update of Markov midi learn functions is it possible to add the hold feature just like what you have in sliced mode, that way once you regenerate a pattern if you like a certain part we can hold it and regenerate the rest

Thanks,

+1

ok, so, now, master track drag stopped working? I had just suggested this to someone...

Well, Ctrl-dragging the Master Track label never worked... All other Ctrl-drag works, at least here (Ctrl-drag track name, Ctrl-drag 'file' icon). Please note the actual selection on the timeline is used for dragging.

Soon I want to implement dragging the chords only by Ctrl-dragging the Master Track label, when you need only the chords.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Soon I want to implement dragging the chords only by Ctrl-dragging the Master Track label, when you need only the chords.
What will be dragged from the Master Track? Chords in a midi file?

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:20 pm Well, Ctrl-dragging the Master Track label never worked... All other Ctrl-drag works, at least here (Ctrl-drag track name, Ctrl-drag 'file' icon). Please note the actual selection on the timeline is used for dragging.

oops, I stand corrected. I thought it was from the master track.. ah well, I knew it could be done though..

Hi HPN,

you are right, this did not work well. One reason is that "Join Notes" is special and is handled a little bit differently (out-of-order) from other variations. The reason is that the whole phrase has to be rendered before "Join Notes" could be applied.

Today I fine-tuned Humanize and Join Notes, so they will work as you expect. In addition a "Tolerance" option was added to Join Notes, to be used when the beginning and ending of notes are not perfectly on beats.

Thanks,
Attila

nexeu wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:33 am The notes kept getting sliced when I tried to use Humanize variation right after Join note. Is there a way to make the notes joined first then apply humanize without modifying the variation destructively?

Best,
HPN

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 4.01.18 PM.png

RC VST doesn't always get the correct BPM from the host on start up..

(you may have to enlarge the image)

yea, lol, that above bug, it is really, really annoying.. every time I quit working on a project and come back to it, the bpm resets to 120. This is the latest beta working as a vst in reaper 6.33..

annoying, but, does give some amusing results. hehe ( I am syncing to a video ) guess it's something you would need to see..

edit: forgot to mention, if you extend the end of the composition a little bit and then return it back to were it was, it corrects the bpm issue.

Yea, on a roll here.. working on something with a dead line.. hehe, anyways, this is a bug..

you can select all the phrases in a track, then click on the phrase "M" to mute all those phrases, which is awesome. However, this doesn't work if you want to lock the voicing for all the phrase, i.e., the lock icon on the phrase.

make that work please!

RapidComposer v4.3b4 is available!

Changes:
  • New variation: Insert Connecting Notes
  • New variation: Insert Connection To Next Phrase
  • Tolerance option added to Join Notes
  • New LOOP option (right click on LOOP button) to regenerate all selected phrases at the end of the loop
  • Lower case is used for labels at most places (not all yet)
  • A hidden bug when updating the screen was fixed
  • [Windows] installer updated

found this.. when you use line draw to create a phrase, the 'convert to relative' doesn't work.

What happens is, you can't adjust the position using the arrow keys. To get that to work you have to first render, then convert to relative then convert back to absolute.

Hi Attila,

Was this fixed ?

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:35 am Hi lovemusic15,

I realized that you expected that the rhythm is also changed when dropping a MIDI file. The rhythm is set up when you convert a phrase to Markov Melody, but dropping a MIDI or a monophonic phrase (I got good results with bass phrases) does not replace the rhythm.
In order to make it work, in the next update you can hold down Ctrl when dropping the file, and the rhythm will be set up according to the file. I added some help:

Thanks,
Attila

Replace shape works well but you still lose the rhythm even if you only hit shape button.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”