Plugin-Developers with lifetime update policy

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

which Plugin-Developers have a lifetime update policy for their products without subscriptions. By that I do not mean adding new features for free, but making sure that their plugins work on new systems.

-woodwindblues

🙋‍♂️

Melda

Dunno about policy but voxengo, fabfilter and u-he have a good track record.
(I have also plugs both by wavesfactory and melda)

Us

I think most do that if the product is still being sold, but few give guarantees that every product they have ever made will be updated in a timely manner for any new OS (it may not even be technically possible) and of course lifetime updates as 'a policy' wont guarantee you get any updates at all (let alone lifetime) if the company stops trading or is sold.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The lifetime term is usually related to the product, at least for us.

Audiority wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:09 pm The lifetime term is usually related to the product, at least for us.
Makes sense. Much easier to discontinue a product than to kill all customers.

fese wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:54 am Much easier to discontinue a product than to kill all customers.
I'll have that printed on a shirt! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fese wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:54 am
Audiority wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:09 pm The lifetime term is usually related to the product, at least for us.
Makes sense. Much easier to discontinue a product than to kill all customers.
easy isn't always most fun!

woodwindblues wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 am Hello,

which Plugin-Developers have a lifetime update policy for their products without subscriptions. By that I do not mean adding new features for free, but making sure that their plugins work on new systems.

-woodwindblues
Xfer is doing that too and even with new versions (2,3...20...200 etc)

Image-Line? oh wait they don't sell VSTs anymore, nevermind :clown:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

That's the policy for Swanky Amp Pro, and the plan for future plugin development over at Resonant DSP.

wavesfactory wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:06 am 🙋‍♂️
<3!

Spectre is SO good.

So what you're saying is, when Apple says 'Jump' you want the obedient dev who says 'High how?'

Return to “Effects”