Which quality mastering limiters go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They tend to cost a lot. Tokyo Dawn is relatively cheap but still a chunk of change. I was hoping PA might have something decent that will be reduced from £50000 to £10 in a sale, but it doesn't look like it.
MUltramaximizer is quite cheap though I don't see it getting much love on kvr.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

TDR (Tokyo Dawn) plugins are discounted from time to time at various web stores.

Toneboosters Barricade is €39.

And this is a very good freebie. https://loudmax.blogspot.com

PSP recently had a sale. It's not on now but you might be able to find it on the market (knobcloud came up with no results) I snagged it for 29 bucks.

fabfilter has summersale until aug 1st iirc
if you've already bought something from them you'll get an individual discount

muki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 am fabfilter has summersale until aug 1st iirc
FabFilter Pro-L2 is a good choice. I used it before I got DMG Limitless which I prefer now. But DMG doesn't go on sale as far as I can tell. Also Nugen ISL-2 is very nice and transparent, PSP Xenon I'd also recommend.

plexuss wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:32 am
muki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:54 am fabfilter has summersale until aug 1st iirc
FabFilter Pro-L2 is a good choice. I used it before I got DMG Limitless which I prefer now. But DMG doesn't go on sale as far as I can tell. Also Nugen ISL-2 is very nice and transparent, PSP Xenon I'd also recommend.
I can't recall DMG Audio ever having a sale now you mention it. They are missing a trick there.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

IK multimedia Stealth Limiter (T-racks]. They frequently have sales).

Voxengo has sales twice a year on Elephant. You should look into Voxengo plugins, too, especially for limiting and saturation.

#1 DMG LImitless: Never goes on sale / hardly anyone sells it secondhand. Save up, buy this and forget the rest? You could safely do this (never need another limiter).

#2 Pro-L 2: Fabfilter's summer sale is still on until August 1st.

Those meet the "quality" criteria, the best of the best IMO. But, if TDR is expensive for you, then maybe DMG and Fabfilter are a complete no.

Cheapos but Quality: ToneBoosters Barricade / Voxengo EBusLim (one very versatile mode from Elephant).

Most do from time to time (I even saw a DMG sale way back, long time ago), but I'm surprised these updates have not gotten more play. Be careful of that EQ... it has a gain lock. https://lvcaudio.com/plugins/clipped-max/

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 am
I can't recall DMG Audio ever having a sale now you mention it. They are missing a trick there.
https://dmgaudio.com/support.php

Discounts & sales: Do you do sales? Black Friday, Christmas, January sales? Do you sell sails?!

No, afraid not. Our stance on this is that sales are unfair to all our supporters who pay full price.

One exception is when we release new plugins - the price is usually discounted for the first month after release.

At this time we do not sell ship sails, but we will definitely keep you updated if we venture into becoming a ship brokerage.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 am
https://dmgaudio.com/support.php

Discounts & sales: Do you do sales? Black Friday, Christmas, January sales? Do you sell sails?!

No, afraid not. Our stance on this is that sales are unfair to all our supporters who pay full price.

One exception is when we release new plugins - the price is usually discounted for the first month after release.

At this time we do not sell ship sails, but we will definitely keep you updated if we venture into becoming a ship brokerage.

It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

DMG Audio need to get with the program tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Voxengo Elephant

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

DMG Audio need to get with the program tbh.
I agree it's not a necessary stance, and that sales are OK, but I strongly disagree it's a "stupid" one. Indeed, I respect them for it.

In that regard, I almost never buy plugins at list price any more, because I know they're likely to go on sale sooner or later, so why spend more now? As a result, I end up timing my purchases to when sales occur, which may lead to a "lumpy" cashflow for the company if others buyers do as well.

But with the handful of companies that don't have sales (DMG and Toneboosters come to mind, both of which I own plugins from), I just buy whenever, confident that I'm not going to kick myself the next day. So while, again, I don't think that having sales is bad, I'm not sure why a company declining to go down that road is stupid.
Last edited by SirkusPi on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”