rating eplex7

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My rating for eplex7 (w10, 64-bit, reaper 6.14):

amp eplex7 01.gif

Good: Easy operation (only one distortion knob),
warm enrichment is possible - could also replace
some guitar amps (for clean guitar sound).

Good: GUI-kobs, preset-manager, sound, dll-file made
available for download (no installation needed).

Bad: The Facebook and Twitter buttons in the bottom
row (why these?). The GUI could be much smaller -
and therefore more compact.

Bad: High CPU consumption - almost 5% in the
Intel I5-7400. There seems to be a denomalization
problem. Even with "off" the CPU consumption
remains almost as high as with "on":

Bad: Suddenly an advertising screen pops up. Advertising
is part of our lives, but it's a bit out of place at this
point. This implies that the company "eplex7" does
not take the DC2021 seriously at KVR.

Valuation: o (so mediocre)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

If there is advertising its not free! Its even worse than any price tag…

Well, it's already "free". But with intrusive advertising.
The author has to assess for himself how that will work. :roll:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

The people at this company (I own some of their paid plugins) seem to be lost in their own world. Ignoring standard features (like having legato options on a monophonic bass synth, lolololololol), ignoring complaints, weird star trek "credits" system on their website. They just seem completely lost.

I personally could care less about social media buttons on the plugin (altough the company is too out of touch to realize that no one is going to purposely click on the button to "share" with their friends. Why would they?), but if ad popups happen as you use it that's going too far and I won't download it.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are these not the company that advertised a previous synth of theirs by gratuitously running down the competition, saying other synths don't really sound analogue?

I guess I'm bored enough to comment

The distortion isn't very heavy, and you can clearly hear the clipper smashing it up. The filter reaches peak cutoff at like 5, so the controls are just a little weird.

I'm not sure what makes a clipper-based distortion and an LP filter "analog"....

Oh yeah I actually did vote for this, it got like 1 point from me, because nothing really runs on a clean version of old Win 7 with no service packs or anything,
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:28 pm Oh yeah I actually did vote for this, it got like 1 point from me
Better choose something better to give your 1 point. You can only give points to maximum 5 entries, all others get zero from you…
If I could I’d vote negative in this case, but he might get disqualified for that ad anyway…

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”