Which quality mastering limiters go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voxengo just started its summer sale with 15% off, just for your info.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm
It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

DMG Audio need to get with the program tbh.
Yeah... No. It's not a stupid stance and DMG doesn't have to get with the program. Where many other plugin companies followed suit with the dramatic sale price drops, DMG and some others do not because they don't have to. Also, deep discount sales risk lowering the percieved value of the company - DMG apparently doesn't need to offer deep discount sales and so they don't and that eliminates the risks associated with doing so - in fact, this is a SMART business decision.

One thing DMG does is give good discounts to current customers. For example the regular price of Limitless is $260 and Equilibrium is $300. But if I put both in my cart I would get a $200 discount (basically 33% off each plugin). Their discount depends, I think, on what you own and what you buy. This is a good way to do it because it rewards exisiting customers without the risks mentioned.

yeah, I immediately get turned off by agressive sales and marketing.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

DMG give you discounts : the more you own, the cheaper they become.

And what's more important : They're worth every penny.
More BPM please

SirkusPi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:11 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

I agree it's not a necessary stance, and that sales are OK, but I strongly disagree it's a "stupid" one. Indeed, I respect them for it.

In that regard, I almost never buy plugins at list price any more, because I know they're likely to go on sale sooner or later, so why spend more now? As a result, I end up timing my purchases to when sales occur, which may lead to a "lumpy" cashflow for the company if others buyers do as well.

But with the handful of companies that don't have sales (DMG and Toneboosters come to mind, both of which I own plugins from), I just buy whenever, confident that I'm not going to kick myself the next day. So while, again, I don't think that having sales is bad, I'm not sure why a company declining to go down that road is stupid.
Cant compare pricing for toneboosters vs dmg.

It's a stupid stance because they state they are doing it because of those who paid full price, as I said, I don't see posts from people aggrieved about people getting stuff in a sale.

It's just one of those things.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Look at Plugin Alliance, i would be really pissed if i buy a 200+$ plugin just to see it for 29$ a few weeks later.
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 pm yeah, I immediately get turned off by agressive sales and marketing.

Buy the Premium Membership from Voxengo instead of individual plugins, you will not regret it. DMG Limitless I believe is the best True ISP Brickwall Limiter on the market. For Mastering I would also want to look into Newfangled from Eventide, brilliant plugins.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

dionenoid wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:26 pm

DMG give you discounts : the more you own, the cheaper they become.

And what's more important : They're worth every penny.
I know how good they are, Dave Gamble is something of a genius

electro wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm Buy the Premium Membership from Voxengo instead of individual plugins, you will not regret it. DMG Limitless I believe is the best True ISP Brickwall Limiter on the market. For Mastering I would also want to look into Newfangled from Eventide, brilliant plugins.
Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit but I have around 10 paid plugins from Voxengo and want to go the Premium Membership route. My question is what happens to my paid licenses? Am I better off selling what I have before buying the Premium Membership?

Thanks 🙏

adl wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm Voxengo just started its summer sale with 15% off, just for your info.
$180 upgrade to Premium for me - so tempted but spent so much money already this year...

I would recommend a freeware limier actually, Loudmax. Beats most, if not all limiters really. There is also this:

http://www.yohng.com/software/w1limit.html which is based on Waves L1 limiter.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Rickskii wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:35 pm
electro wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm Buy the Premium Membership from Voxengo instead of individual plugins, you will not regret it. DMG Limitless I believe is the best True ISP Brickwall Limiter on the market. For Mastering I would also want to look into Newfangled from Eventide, brilliant plugins.
Sorry to hi-jack the thread a bit but I have around 10 paid plugins from Voxengo and want to go the Premium Membership route. My question is what happens to my paid licenses? Am I better off selling what I have before buying the Premium Membership?

Thanks 🙏
You can sell them after i think - if nothing changed. I could sell mine when i got it

Ploki wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:01 am
Rickskii wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Thanks 🙏
You can sell them after i think - if nothing changed. I could sell mine when i got it
Wow really? That's good to know. I might email Voxengo and confirm that.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:53 pm
adl wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:14 pm Voxengo just started its summer sale with 15% off, just for your info.
$180 upgrade to Premium for me - so tempted but spent so much money already this year...
Forgot to add that I bought all but one of my plugins second hand so I don’t have a reduced upgrade price. It is currently $289.

plexuss wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:18 pm
LeVzi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm
It's a pretty stupid stance considering all over companies do it. I don't see people lining up complaining because they paid full price when someone got it 50% off in a black friday sale.

Yeah... No. It's not a stupid stance and DMG doesn't have to get with the program. Where many other plugin companies followed suit with the dramatic sale price drops, DMG and some others do not because they don't have to. Also, deep discount sales risk lowering the percieved value of the company - DMG apparently doesn't need to offer deep discount sales and so they don't and that eliminates the risks associated with doing so - in fact, this is a SMART business decision.

One thing DMG does is give good discounts to current customers. For example the regular price of Limitless is $260 and Equilibrium is $300. But if I put both in my cart I would get a $200 discount (basically 33% off each plugin). Their discount depends, I think, on what you own and what you buy. This is a good way to do it because it rewards exisiting customers without the risks mentioned.
But keeps potential new customers away as they'll go for a 20% discount on Pro L instead of Limitless. Or Pro Q for EQuilibrium. And those plugins are comparable.

So yeah, I think they should mimic their closest competitor.

I would take DMG over Fabfilter everyday tbh, but full whack all the time ? Most people can't afford that luxury.

Return to “Effects”