TC Electronic Reverbs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone have any experience with these? I'm just demo'ing TC8210 and it's not bad, infact it's quite good.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.ht ... Code=P0DCS

Love it! VSS3 is also great. These TC verbs have really nice early reflections and "3D" stereo image.

I once had a freebie reverb from them, I don't recall where the promo was. It was only 32 bit and didn't survive an early computer transition. As I recall, it sounded good but it was a bit buggy.

I'm not necessarily into their tiny USB controller model, but maybe.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:48 am I once had a freebie reverb from them, I don't recall where the promo was. It was only 32 bit and didn't survive an early computer transition. As I recall, it sounded good but it was a bit buggy.
Probably the TC M30. I loved it back then, was easy to set up and if it worked on the material, it worked very well. Would love to see a remake of it someday, its simplicity was so much more inviting than today's UIs with walls of knobs and sliders and graphs and animations.
I have the 8210, without the controller, and it's not much fun to set up. The 'sound' parameter has 8 possible settings, if you're currently on the first (TC Hall) but want to set up a Spring patch - 7 times you click. No drop-down, no right-click, no Shift-click for reverse, nothing. 7 clicks or no Spring. One click too many - and another 7 clicks you do, or you don't get to the Spring. I like the 8210's smaller spaces, but the long reverbs feel somewhat light and grainy to me. And for some reason, in a purchased product, I see a shopping cart icon with a red dot that won't go away no matter how often I click it. I assume it's supposed to inform me about the discount. But if I have to endure 'stop what you're doing and purchase more of our products' advertising in a product that should be productively used, and that I already spent money on, without any means of disabling this distraction, then that doesn't really make me want to purchase more similar products.
Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 12.26.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Confucamus.

^ yep, that was it. IIRC, it had to be authorized and there was some issue with reinstalling it on a new system and then it was gone. I don't recall the details.

I agree on the advertising within products bs as well. It's why I get annoyed with the IK container products and don't really use any of them even though I have some licenses.

Big fan of TC reverbs for years.

I still use M30 and M40 in mixes
Low cpu usage
Useful and effective

Given how cheap ($98) their bundle (hardware + plugin) is, you might want to check it out:
https://www.thomannmusic.com/tc_electro ... 210_dt.htm

I used to love classicverb on tc powercore.

I wonder if they ported it to native as one of these? Does anyone know?

highstandards wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:50 am Given how cheap ($98) their bundle (hardware + plugin) is, you might want to check it out:
Pretty sure that the reverb above is essentially classic verb - the controls are similar and it even has classic reverb written along the top
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

ericj23 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:29 am
highstandards wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:50 am Given how cheap ($98) their bundle (hardware + plugin) is, you might want to check it out:
Pretty sure that the reverb above is essentially classic verb - the controls are similar and it even has classic reverb written along the top
That's what I was thinking. I'll have to try the demo

The TC reverbs are excellent and the delay is lovely.

I have both the 8210 and DVR250, both really nice reverbs, but my fave is the 2290 delay, my long awaited Icon dock turned up today too :) looks nice and tidy :)
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

discogsaddict wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:56 am I used to love classicverb on tc powercore.

This is the same, I've ClassicVerb in my Powercore setup long time ago and with this one (8210) you gonna find the same presets and more...
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI / Intel Corei7 6800k / 32 Go DDR4 / 3x SSD / Win 11 Pro x64 / UAD Apollo Twin USB / UAD2 Satellite Octo USB / UAD2 Octo PCIe / Cubase Pro 13 / VEP7 / 24 ch X-Touch / Console 1 /Metagrid Pro / Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 / Roli Seabord

Home Studio 87 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:56 am I used to love classicverb on tc powercore.

This is the same, I've ClassicVerb in my Powercore setup long time ago and with this one (8210) you gonna find the same presets and more...
I have both. I was surprised to hear that them side by side that they dont sound the same. The tc powercore is better in ome regard as I hear more depth of sound.

They are different in that the powercore version has a much more coloured sound.

Oddly enough, I love the native version the best. It has enough colour that ir doesnt sound sterile or bland but fits more neatly imho in any mix more so than my powercore.

In fact despite being the cheapest the classic is my go to. For specific hall sounds dvr250 is ridiculously good on vocals.

Return to “Effects”