Poll : Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Yes.
55%
No.
25%
I dont give a flying fish!
20%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

The appropriate bits are even GPL'd.

Seems they've put money into the blender development fund as well.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Blender is no joke, most everyone who is not in direct competition with it will support it, if possible.
A lot of studios are moving towards it to save the ridiculous licensing fees imposed by Autodesk, Foundry
etc.

pekbro wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 pm A lot of studios are moving towards it to save the ridiculous licensing fees imposed by Autodesk, Foundry
etc.
yeah, those studio managers need to save that money for more porsches.

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:28 pm
pekbro wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 pm A lot of studios are moving towards it to save the ridiculous licensing fees imposed by Autodesk, Foundry
etc.
yeah, those studio managers need to save that money for more porsches.
It's mostly about smaller studios and multiple licenses, often they can need many copies. The
whole copy protection thing in the film industry was developed for use against paying customers,
not pirates. Classically, they would purchase one or two legitimate licenses and replicate them
or replace them with cracks etc. It never had anything to do with people like you or me using
illegal copies.

For instance, when we installed 5000 nodes of PRman on an array of IBM super computers at the
Maui Tech park, the cost was $5 million. That was just for rendering a single project pretty much.

So far, unearthed some stuff from The Box Of Ebay and tested, for some lofi video messing about:

Fisher-price type 'video karaoke camera' with composite out, and removable walkman-ish cassette recorder : video camera worked fine once I found a suitable 2-way 'AV to RCA' adaptor, as a more normal 3-way adaptor didnt work. (The cassette player mechanism was a bit gummed up, and ate part of a blank tape before I could loosen it, but it seems fine now, so will get used separately)

Kids 'Eyeclops' brand video microscope with composite out : works perfectly.

also 2 x Nootropic Video Experimenter shield Arduinos : both working. one seemed to be fussy until I realised the shield was slightly loose, now they're both fine. 136x96 mono pixel graphics ftw.

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pmKids 'Eyeclops' brand video microscope with composite out : works perfectly.
OOOOH! I hadn't though about that! The microscope I use at work has a camera with a composite output! I'll have to try that out.

With KVR being predominately audio software based for almost two decades, I think a video forum would really struggle to find any attention by users of it. Some DAW's support video and video is rarely ever mentioned and even when video editors come up on rare occasions, there is barely any interest.

A Graphic / Video Design Forum, would be interesting for a few days, but I don't see many actually contributing anything to it that they couldn't do elsewhere and to get the answers they need like from facebook or the actual support forums on the developers website.

My own site is a huge resource of programs and information with links to dedicated to CGI websites also. There is also dedicated thread which was originally based on it. See Sig...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

^^^ and yet, this thread has 3298 views and 142 posts in two weeks. Curious.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

...and also yet, there are constantly threads started about video, the observance of which was the reason for this thread in the first place.

ironic to suggest 'there are other places' by someone who seems to have started more 'look at my reskins/videos' than just about anyone. 'My own site' remark is telling - self-promotion seems to be the root of the objection.

edit : also 'predominately audio software based for almost two decades ' blithely ignores computer/hardware/diy/guitar forums, last of which is very recently added.
signed : someone who's been here for two decades.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:27 amThere is also dedicated thread which was originally based on it.
Well, there was a dedicated thread, until it was locked because you were sockpuppeting support for yourself.
So, given your inherent dishonesty, maybe you could stay out of a thread with genuine interest and support. Cheers.

Ive been watching a few videos on the new CH/AV version, and its new accompanying VGA4EVA board, and Im now kicking myself for not getting a couple of the latter boards before Thonk ran out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5-lfymoDms

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:30 am ^^^ and yet, this thread has 3298 views and 142 posts in two weeks. Curious.
And even more telling, most of that has been on topic!

whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:01 pm Ive been watching a few videos on the new CH/AV version, and its new accompanying VGA4EVA board, and Im now kicking myself for not getting a couple of the latter boards before Thonk ran out.
Cool stuff. I get my Hypno today, looking forward to a little video synthesis fun. Though it's digital, it
still makes for a good source to lots of diy and other affordable video effects modules. :tu:

pekbro wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:25 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:01 pm Ive been watching a few videos on the new CH/AV version, and its new accompanying VGA4EVA board, and Im now kicking myself for not getting a couple of the latter boards before Thonk ran out.
Cool stuff. I get my Hypno today, looking forward to a little video synthesis fun. Though it's digital, it still makes for a good source to lots of diy and other affordable video effects modules. :tu:
You are doubtless aware of this:
lzxindustries_chromagnon_01_1.jpg
https://lzxindustries.net/products/chromagnon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”