Polyphonic Pitch Shifting plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I think I've asked this before a few years back, I've come across this problem before.

I want to do a key change in a song, but I have a "baked" polyphonic loop. Anyone know of an effect that can pitch up polyphonic sounds?

Thank you! :tu:

Any pitch shifter if you’re not changing individual chords, otherwise melodyne. The issue will be percussion but you could try to separate eke tones with izotope RX and then pitch shift melodic parts.

mixtur.se wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:08 pm Any pitch shifter if you’re not changing individual chords, otherwise melodyne. The issue will be percussion but you could try to separate eke tones with izotope RX and then pitch shift melodic parts.
It's actually not drums. It's just bass and chords. I was using Diva so I rendered the loop out to save CPU, but now I want to try something different and can't go back.

Yout daw should be able to pitch shift loops/samples really. Doesn't always sound nice/natural however. But im sure there are plugins which can do that for you of course. Maybe try this?

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MAutoPitch
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 pm Hello,

I think I've asked this before a few years back, I've come across this problem before.

I want to do a key change in a song, but I have a "baked" polyphonic loop. Anyone know of an effect that can pitch up polyphonic sounds?

Thank you! :tu:
If you are changing key then something like Melodyne or Zynaptiq pitchmap. Melodyne might be the cheapest. Normal pitch shifting wont work if you are changing keys rather than just transposing up or down

Melodyne is only viable if it has DNA = i think editor version?
Not really cheap.

zplane reTune also does polyphonic

If you're just transposing the loop up or down a little bit, your DAW should be able to do it. What DAW are you using? In the ones I use, it's pretty easy to make a loop follow changes in key and tempo. It may not sound that great if shifted too much, but you'll have to be the judge of that.
Something like Melodyne Editor probably isn't needed, unless you want to change the voicing of the chords.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 pm Melodyne is only viable if it has DNA = i think editor version?
Not really cheap.

I think last time I did this I used the demo of Zplane reTune. It was great. Did it perfectly without stretching or adding artifacts... Pretty expensive though.

an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:12 pmI was using Diva so I rendered the loop out to save CPU, but now I want to try something different and can't go back.
Why not? Did you sell your Diva license to save money? If so, the best solution would be to repurchase Diva, wouldn't it?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:30 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:12 pmI was using Diva so I rendered the loop out to save CPU, but now I want to try something different and can't go back.
Why not? Did you sell your Diva license to save money? If so, the best solution would be to repurchase Diva, wouldn't it?
I still have Diva. It's a musical part that uses 3 instances of Diva. I'm sure you know, but Diva's really CPU intensive so I bounced the tracks down thinking I was done and happy, and then I deleted the Divas from the session.

an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:56 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 pm Melodyne is only viable if it has DNA = i think editor version?
Not really cheap.

I think last time I did this I used the demo of Zplane reTune. It was great. Did it perfectly without stretching or adding artifacts... Pretty expensive though.
was on sale recently - if it does what you want then wait til BF and see if it goes on sale again

an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:39 amI still have Diva. It's a musical part that uses 3 instances of Diva. I'm sure you know, but Diva's really CPU intensive so I bounced the tracks down thinking I was done and happy, and then I deleted the Divas from the session.
When you do that, you should ALWAYS save a new version so you can go back to the old version when this happens. Personally, I'd just freeze the tracks and turn the plugins off, leaving them exactly where they are in the project, for just this sort of eventuality.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:16 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:39 amI still have Diva. It's a musical part that uses 3 instances of Diva. I'm sure you know, but Diva's really CPU intensive so I bounced the tracks down thinking I was done and happy, and then I deleted the Divas from the session.
When you do that, you should ALWAYS save a new version so you can go back to the old version when this happens. Personally, I'd just freeze the tracks and turn the plugins off, leaving them exactly where they are in the project, for just this sort of eventuality.
Oh, for sure. Yes, that would have been sensible, and I normally would just bounce down, then turn the instruments off, but leave the midi tracks and that there. It's just an old part from an old session that I didn't have a lot of faith in, but now it's becoming something.

DocAtlas wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:48 am If you're just transposing the loop up or down a little bit, your DAW should be able to do it. What DAW are you using? In the ones I use, it's pretty easy to make a loop follow changes in key and tempo. It may not sound that great if shifted too much, but you'll have to be the judge of that.
Something like Melodyne Editor probably isn't needed, unless you want to change the voicing of the chords.
This.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

an-electric-heart wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:35 pmIt's just an old part from an old session that I didn't have a lot of faith in, but now it's becoming something.
Yeah, I am really bad with old projects, too. I've managed to lose all the vocal takes from our first two albums, as well as all the project files, so I only have live versions of (some of) those songs now. There are probably half-a-dozen songs I'd have to rebuild from scratch if we ever wanted to play them again.

Return to “Effects”