Discovery Pro synthesizer 6.4 to 8.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unison and filters were modelled using a Nord Lead 2X.

Remember to run with 2X oversampling or 96 Khz because that's the internal NL2X sample rate.

Also, there's a hot fix update for macOS users today with a VST3 crash fix. Release version number is the same but the installer will weight around 199 MB now.

Sound better with new Nord red skin

Needs better browser ala u-he. And option to show keyboard.

That GUI is lovely!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am Unison and filters were modelled using a Nord Lead 2X.

Remember to run with 2X oversampling or 96 Khz because that's the internal NL2X sample rate.
And sounds extremely close. My 2x went up on eBay the day you released the major filter update back in the day. I copied a few of my go-to patches and they sounded as good and if I cranked the oversampling, better.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

discoDSP wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am Unison and filters were modelled using a Nord Lead 2X.

I had the Nordrack 2X for only a few weeks when it was just released, later I had a Nordrack 3. Same unique Clavia sound, but totally different synth.

However, I like Discovery Pro. I just bought it today....

I purchased the upgrade to v7 today, but it doesn't yet appear in my downloads.
Are sales processed manually?
No biggie, was just expecting the update to show up automatically in my account.

Updates are processed manually. On the form it states the process takes up to 24h. It should be on your account already by the way.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:00 am Updates are processed manually. On the form it states the process takes up to 24h. It should be on your account already by the way.
Thanks!
It is indeed in my account now.
As I said, no biggie as I suspected sales were handled manually when it didn't show up in my account straight away, and being here in Australia I knew that time differences would play a part as well.
Downloading now!
Looking forward to giving v7 a spin.

How long does the current 33% sale last?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Until end of August.

Call me stupid, but this new GUI (+ the 33% discount) finally convinced me to get it after all those years of going back & forth with the decision!

:love: :clap:

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I didn't mind the old GUI at all, but I do like this new one as well.
I did own a Nord Lead when they first came out and this new GUI has just reminded me how much fun it was.

Return to “Instruments”