Behringer Xenyx 1222 Usb > audio interface?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got this mixer so I could buy some synth hardware and record with ableton and bitwig
I was just wondering which connection do I need for the USB audio interface people who have this mixer will understand what I'm on about ..
There are 2 red connection
And 2 white ones
Then they are 2 other I don't know how to describe. I know the usb part
Sorry for this dumb question

You use the USB connection to connect your computer.

Cool thanks I have 2 options
One of them says 2track / usb output
Then 2 white and 2 red connection I they are called rca connection. I was thinking the next one could be it has a connection with 3 connect pins sorry I can't describe it properly
I had a soundcraft signature mtk 12 one time it was easier than this

Yeah. I think Its the 2-track/usb out connection. With 2-track selected the computer sends audio to the desk via the 2-track USB connection (like an audio interface). With USB Out selected the mixer sends audio into the computer for recording. The RCA connectors are for sending/receiving audio to an amp or recording device (or computer with RCA ins on the soundcard).

Find a picture or two, or a link to a photo of the mixer in question and post it here. :)

Official Xenyx 1222 USB Owners Manual:
https://mediadl.musictribe.com/media/sy ... 066142.pdf

Page 9 describes the function of the red/white RCA connectors. Just remember: Red is Right. The white connection carries the left channel. Some cables have red + black connectors. Just remember: Red is Right.

The pair labelled "input" is wired to the fader directly left of the master fader. But since you want to record, it's the pair labelled "output" that's used for that. Those are tapped off before the graphical EQ and XPQ surround effect.

On the 2nd column of page 9 these outputs are described as "CD/Tape Output". Bit weird, on the mixer themselves they are labelled "2-Track / USB" while in fact they have nothing to do with USB and outputting to a CD makes no sense as well.

These analog outputs are what you use if you have a half-decent audio interface that accepts line inputs. I bet any half-decent audio interface will be of better quality and outperform the 16bit/48kHz AD/DA converter in this mixer. I usually put RCA->1/4" mono jack adapters on a standard RCA hifi stereo cable, since the receiving side needs 1/4", not RCA. Electrically it's the same.

You can also plug in the USB connector at the back directly to the PC without an audio interface, as described on page 10. Chances are that your DAW requires ASIO and this device is just class-compliant. That means you need to install and run Asio4All: https://www.asio4all.org

The signal sent over USB is identical to the main mix, so including the graphical EQ and XPQ surround effect. I think you'd better disable these features while recording, but hey... you're in control here.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Wow thanks guys that really helps

Nearly there guys have it set up running with low volume though. But its the Last problem
I'm using ableton and bitwig and if it matters a maschine mk3 audio interface

Influx808 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:34 pm Nearly there guys have it set up running with low volume though. But its the Last problem
I'm using ableton and bitwig and if it matters a maschine mk3 audio interface
Have you connected the main outs to the maschine line ins? (2x XLR-TS cables)

I sold the behringer mixer so I got a focusrite scarlett audio interface I'm very pleased with it

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”