Care to list your Plugin Alliance gems?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am It's a matter of convenience and speed. Of course you can set up FX chains which have similar results, no question. If you don't want to spend the money on it or you hate PA from what reason ever: just skip it. If you want to have a streamlined workflow and saturate eg odd harmonics on the side and even harmonics on the mid, widen the highs and focus the lows, well then you feel the 3D MAGIC!
ok thanks, I guess that makes sense, even harmonics are more aligned with octaves and should be more focused/in tune. I'll give it a try. Maybe it really is magic!

I don't mind PA, quite like them actually - great plug ins for very good value - almost as good as UAD stuff. But... I'm not inclined to spend that much for m/s if I don't have to.

Here Comes the Flood.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog ... sgDEq0k%3D

July 28, 2021

July 15, 2021 marks the end of an era for Brainworx and their iconic studio & office building in Germany (see pics below). As documented by the international media, Germany got hit with the hardest rainfalls and flooding ever, that left hundreds of people dead and whole cities washed away by the rain and the resulting floods. Our hearts go out to the victims and their families and friends, of course.

While none of the Brainworx team was hurt or physically harmed, the company building will be unusable for months to come, as it is located in one of the areas that got hit the hardest. In fact, BX may have to move and find a new home asap to rebuild their offices and studios.

The iconic BX main studio was completely destroyed in this disaster, and only a few pieces of outboard gear have survived the flooding. The water was standing in the whole building about 2ft (60cm) deep for many hours. The iconic NEVE VXS 72 console (one of only 9 ever made) was damaged badly and had to be sold and removed from the location asap because of mold formation that started in the building after only 48 hours. The big PMC MB2-XBD main speakers were destroyed as well as a rare power amp by German legend Dieter Burmester (RIP). A lot of the racked 19” gear was damaged. Only equipment that was sitting on desks or in the higher slots of the 19” racks survived.

The same goes for some of the local development servers, used by a growing team of DSP developers. Luckily enough all the data was saved and mirrored, so as far as data is concerned… the show can go on.

The building itself is owned by Dirk Ulrich, who rents out the building to the Brainworx Audio GmbH company, which is run by CEO Winfried Schapitz.
(full disclosure: Dirk owns Brainworx & Plugin Alliance, but he is not the CEO for BX anymore)

Both, Dirk and Brainworx had only partial insurance for the building and/or the equipment, but a flooding disaster wasn’t part of the existing policies, as the BX office wasn’t in a known flooding risk area. This leaves Dirk with the financial damage of the renovation of the current BX building and/or the task to buy a new office building, and Brainworx Audio GmbH with the financial damage of the audio and computer equipment that needs to be replaced - plus the task to build new professional studios and workspaces in a new office/studio location asap.

Brainworx and Dirk stay positive during these challenging times, and the BX team did an amazing job of helping to save as much of the analog equipment and reduce the damage as best as they could, working around the clock and 7 days a week. The plan for BX is to use this unfortunate event as a chance to build the 2.0 bx_studio of the future, and lead the company into the next decade of evolution and continued success, after having spent almost exactly 10 years in the now-destroyed building.

Want to help?

Dirk has posted publicly on social media on July 18 and kindly rejected the spontaneous proposal made by some customers and BX fans to donate for him personally or for BX. That was before the full extent of the damage - and the lack of insurance coverage for the damage - was known to him or BX. While Dirk is still determined to cover his personal loss privately without accepting donations to him privately, BX has decided to run some short-term sales to help minimize the financial damage, and to help get the team back to work in a professional surrounding as soon as humanly possible.

Plugin Alliance will forward 100% of the proceeds of the “Support BX Sales” to Brainworx in Germany. Some of BX's partners have already reached out announced they would support this campaign as well, so stay tuned please.

How exactly can you help?

While the BX team doesn't want to ask for "donations", you can certainly support BX by buying some cool BX plugins, or some of their merchandise. Any financial support helps in times like these, and Dirk and the BX team would be relieved to see some strong sales in the near future to help with the rebuilding of the BX space in Germany, which currently leaves almost 60 employees without an actual work space.

Thank you for your attention and support!
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Oh man... I wouldn't wish that flood on anyone. I got their email with the details. I hope they are able to keep positive spirits and move past this absolute disaster.

Keep positive BX. I hope you can recover quickly.

Stopping by to say,
that even if we disagree with the business model, and that we all basically know that Dirk is a dick,

I wish on nobody the loss of their studio, their invaluable hardware and possessions, and the loss of income or productivity.

I hope BX gets this sorted, hopefully insurance comes through. And if they do a recovery sales, I'll stop by and buy something. For the many BX plugins I own that I think are great, and for the many PA umbrella plugins I own that I may not have otherwise if not for PA and Dirk's questionable but fruitful work.

beely wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 amI can do M/S with any plugin in logic since forever.
Me too - one of the nice features of Logic which still isn't that common with DAWs...

(Not "forever", btw, sometime in the last five years, I forget which LPX version it was added in...)
How does that work (just curious)? Does it run 2 instances of the plugin automatically and handle the m/s encoding in the background? Or does it have to be a dual mono plugin to have different settings for mid and side.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:10 pm
beely wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 am
Ploki wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 amI can do M/S with any plugin in logic since forever.
Me too - one of the nice features of Logic which still isn't that common with DAWs...

(Not "forever", btw, sometime in the last five years, I forget which LPX version it was added in...)
How does that work (just curious)? Does it run 2 instances of the plugin automatically and handle the m/s encoding in the background? Or does it have to be a dual mono plugin to have different settings for mid and side.
Runs two instances automatically in one window - you get a tab to switch between them.
You can optionally link parameters between the two channels. It either works L/R or M/S

That's very nifty. I miss the olden days when I could use logic on my PC.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:48 pm Your $50 Loyalty Voucher expires SOON!
(July 31 - 11:59 PM California Time)
2021-07-50225G4YRL39
Thanks for this!

BX Digital V3 for adding subtle dimension and stereo width on the master bus!

From what I understand they lost most or all of their studio equipment in the flood, including the Neve console that the plugin was modelled on. That used to be owned by Skywalker Ranch at some point, making movies no doubt.

They sold the Neve console right after the flood, it wasn't too badly damaged, it just needed some work lower down...

Here is my 25$ voucher 2021-08-25A2JYVD
Feel free to use

beely wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am They sold the Neve console right after the flood, it wasn't too badly damaged, it just needed some work lower down...
It did have my wondering how high this flood was!!. Well thats goof news, kind of.

simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 am
beely wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:29 am They sold the Neve console right after the flood, it wasn't too badly damaged, it just needed some work lower down...
It did have my wondering how high this flood was!!. Well thats goof news, kind of.
Here's the whole story with some pictures as well. It was the highest flood in Germany in centuries, if I remember correctly. The brown stripe on the wall marks, where the water stood in the PA studio:
THE FLOOD - BX UNDER WATER... - Plugin Alliance
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog ... water.html
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:42 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:43 am
Here's the whole story with some pictures as well. It was the highest flood in Germany in centuries, if I remember correctly. The brown stripe on the wall marks, where the water stood in the PA studio:
THE FLOOD - BX UNDER WATER... - Plugin Alliance
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/blog ... water.html
Thanks bro.

Return to “Effects”