Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 am
starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:55 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am why does my account here https://id.korg.com/accounts say no products in my account? i migrated from korg.net 3-4 years ago... and my 2 mails were never replied to... what a crap page and support
I'm experiencing about the same thing. My M1 Le license is showing, but not my KORG Collection v2 license, for some reason, so I can't create an upgrade code for v3.
Did you try the Korg Software Pass? When I ran it this morning there was a new version available. I never go directly to the site anymore for the plugins, I just use the Korg Pass to update/reinstall, etc.
I can use the Korg Software Pass du install/upgrade my current KORG Collection v2, but the problem for me is that I can't create an upgrade code to upgrade to v3 for $99. I assumed that was what Caine123 indirectly meant as well. I have emailed the support now, so let's see when they answer.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Finally I was able to upgrade , download and install for 99$. This website / webshop is the most complicated one I ever encountered.
For me the confusion was id.korg vs korguser.net.
id.korg was the one I needed for a proper upgrade link without that coupon nonsense.
Also the Korg Software Pass app I downloaded via the email received, immediately asked itself to update and download the new version. This dmg could not be opened and I had to download a working version from the website.

No polyphony on the Prophecy? :-?

You can change it from Mono to Poly in the FX section.

Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:11 pm You can change it from Mono to Poly in the FX section.
Ahh, thanks

Deleted
Last edited by surreal on Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FotoxBr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am Finally I was able to upgrade , download and install for 99$. This website / webshop is the most complicated one I ever encountered.
id.korg was the one I needed for a proper upgrade link without that coupon nonsense.
Also the Korg Software Pass app I downloaded via the email received, immediately asked itself to update and download the new version. This dmg could not be opened and I had to download a working version from the website.
It's a test to see if you are worthy! I passed the test earlier this morning after many a battle! :evil: :dog: :clap:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:00 am
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:02 am
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:48 am Extreme has a selection of multisamples from all the EXBs. They're named differently in the osc soundsource selection dialog (all listed after Drum Wave).

Right so I guess it's not a full-blown replacement. Some of the EXB arp patterns might be missing too.
Ok thanks for explaining it :)
I noticed that you can create your own drumkits in the extreme version too which is not possible in the Triton version.

Guess i will have both installed then :)
Actually, just noticed Triton plugin also got updated - and now you can both edit user arps AND drum kits! Nice, nice.
Yeah i saw the Classic Triton had a update but i was not able to download and test until now :tu:
Guess their Servers are getting hammered today :)
Awesome updates since i did miss the Drumkit edit that the HW had.

I love Roland too but i wish they would give us What we want instead of halfbaked troublesome vst's and Halfbaked confusing copyprotection/Downloader.

MaF wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 am The Prophecy is a pleasant surprise, but – leaving the upgrade price aside – my biggest concern is the UIs. Even the reworked ones from the Legacy collection suffer from questionable design choices so much that I still don't use them anymore. Adding more synths to the collection won't change my mind.
Totally agree. Not a fan of the new GUIs. Triton isn't bad though. I also don't mind the Odyssey GUI but could be better and resizable etc.

Have they not gone VST3 yet?

Oh man! 4 instruments for $150 is a steal, but...

My MBAM1 arrives tomorrow and I'm ready to go full Logic Pro, so I'll pass for now...

Dang it, Korg! :hihi:

FotoxBr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:01 am Finally I was able to upgrade , download and install for 99$. This website / webshop is the most complicated one I ever encountered.
Very confusing indeed, but thanks for leading me in the right direction, now I can upgrade as well :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

EnGee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 amUnfortunately it is still $299 for me, not even $249 :dog: Here is the my two pages on both usernet and korg:
More comprehensive than mine, which just showed the collection as a single product.
But the website definitely changed because there was no $149 price on any of the upgrades when I first went there, it had physically changed.
Dalle wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:58 amNo polyphony on the Prophecy? :-?
If it had polyphony, it would be a Z1. But it does have unison so it must have polyphony somewhere.

Anyway, am I correct in saying that neither of the Tritons have resizable GUIs? Because they are barely readable at their current size and would be completely unusable on my Surface Pro.

Prophecy is resizable and both it and the miniKORG 700S sounds great. Prophetic Steps with Unison is a wet dream come true. (I had to change my underpants after I heard it.)
Last edited by BONES on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It's in the FX section, you can change it from Mono to Poly there.

XorXisT wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm Oh man! 4 instruments for $150 is a steal, but...

My MBAM1 arrives tomorrow and I'm ready to go full Logic Pro, so I'll pass for now...

Dang it, Korg! :hihi:
Works beautifully on my M1 Mac mini under Rosetta 2

Return to “Instruments”