Audiorealism ABL3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3)

If model 2-3 are new models , why is the improved emulation switch still a part of those specific models?
These are already new models , so it would make sense that it' s already inlcuded in the new code (model ) code
It improved the behaviour of abl 3.1 to 3.2.2 .
But why can't it be just be a hidden part of the model 2-3 ?
It's great to have options , it would be even greater if those options are clear to the end user
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Of course the intention is to make it clear, I will post on our forum and link to updated info when it's ready. I recommend leaving Improve Emu on for the time being.
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Mike Janney wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm That should be doable, I was going to troubleshoot the muffled sound issue someone mentioned here so I probably need to add that engine in anyway.
The model (model 2) which one user described as "muffled" another as "juicy and authentic one".

I don't mean to imply that I think either is wrong.
Last edited by Wibbler on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Janney wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:19 pmOf course the intention is to make it clear...
Why aren't you replying to my questions about update to the RE version?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Wibbler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 pm
Mike Janney wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm That should be doable, I was going to troubleshoot the muffled sound issue someone mentioned here so I probably need to add that engine in anyway.
The model (model 2) which one user described as "muffled" another as "juicy and authentic one".

The muffled sound has low resonance
-Model 2
-Improved switch set to ON
-Treble knob to zero ( I assume it's actually cutting off the highs when at zero )
Now turn OFF the improved switch and notice how the highs come back
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:49 am

-Model 2
-Treble knob to zero ( I assume it's actually cutting off the highs when at zero )
Thank you! I will check that out
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

-Model 2

The treble control has no effect when "Improved Emulation" is switched off (as you noted above), so maybe that's why the highs come back - no highs were being cut.
Last edited by Wibbler on Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:15 pm
LarsErik wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm Perhaps shuffle and gate trim could be lifted to the main interface like this?

(Somwhat crude mockup, sorry about that.)
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but has Audiorealism asked you to do / adapt the skin to RE version? I now have both (just crossgraded from RE to VST 5 minutes ago) and it would be great if they were on par :)
No they have not, but that doesn't mean anything really since I'm not involved in the company at all.

I had another look at the audio engine situation. Actually the 3.2.2 (really 3.1.1 as it was unchanged from there) is in 3.3.0 however there is no way to access it from the menu. I could activate it but it seems like there are too many options and choices now. We have 3 audio engines x 3 oscillator models, Improve emu (which does different things depending on what engine is selected).. Got to rethink this and see how to solve this situation. In my personal opinion the 3.2.2 doesn't add much to 3.3.0, Model 2 is already very close to that engine except with improved filter response at higher cutoff + lower CPU consumption.

I'd be happy to take suggestions :)
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Why not just call it what the last version was of ABL that used it:
ABL2
ABL3.2.2
ABL3.3 (Model 1)
ABL3.3 (Model 2)

And then deactivate the Improved Emu or whatever else doesn't apply to a specific model?

Mike Janney wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:30 pm In my personal opinion the 3.2.2 doesn't add much to 3.3.0, Model 2 is already very close to that engine except with improved filter response at higher cutoff + lower CPU consumption.
I'd be happy to take suggestions :)
One big reason to include 3.2.2 is for backward compatibility but only if you keep the plugin ID the same as 3.2.2, so it opens and recalls correctly in older DAW projects. The idea is, one ABL3 with all engines, not several ABL3 dll's with different engines, which would be a mess IMO.

I have been one of the loud 'missing shuffle' complainers, so I'm just here to say thanks. :D

Wibbler wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:59 am

-Model 2

The treble control has no effect when "Improved Emulation" is switched off (as you noted above), so maybe that's why the highs come back - no highs were being cut.
When treble is set at 0% one would assume it's not cutting , in this case it is (model 2 , emu switch on )
If you switch between improved an not improved ( model 2 ) bass @ 0% , treble @ 50 % the difference is hardly noticeable
BUt , when treble is 0% , the difference is night and day
accompanied by this file
https://app.box.com/s/7i4pwt1km1odzg83ldtxuihrlgll650j

--------------------------------------------------
Dull
Second setting accompanied by this file
https://app.box.com/s/o771waz0855g4ff0n94am6jxfhruww7y
Eyeball exchanging

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

anoise wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:00 pm The idea is, one ABL3 with all engines
one ABL3 to rule them all.

Return to “Instruments”