How do I get started with composing?

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 pm
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:54 pm Anarchists :D
there's apps that can do your bit, ai doesn't have imagination and free will yet :P
animal instinct? sure it does
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:07 pm

animal instinct
was that a 70s after shave?

oh that's right, this is a vegan site...nm :scared: :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

is it? shit. i better go somewhere else.

:lol:

_anarchists_ is what Richard Strauss called the NY Phil brass section, during the preparation of Salome.
reminds me a bit of Buddy Rich and all these fuckin' clams

me, I'm a free thinker and a person of their time, quite unlike Fux, who lived several centuries in the past as an 18th-century something something, whatever he did for a living. Seems apt for the job of corrections, ie., a jailer

nah, I just googled it, 'late baroque'. WTAF. "His most enduring work is not a musical composition" - quelle surprise
(wiki, citing Fux, Mann & Edmunds 1965, p. i.)
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Play some stuff, then some more. f**k about with it for a bit. Job done. Doing, not thinking most of the time is the key.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:51 pm Play some stuff, then some more. f**k about with it for a bit. Job done. Doing, not thinking most of the time is the key.
yarkshur zen!

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 pm there's apps that can do your bit, ai doesn't have imagination and free will yet :P

"It is a mistake to suppose that the whole issue is how to free man. The issue is to improve the way in which he is controlled."

B. F. Skinner
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

fs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:32 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:02 pm there's apps that can do your bit, ai doesn't have imagination and free will yet :P

"It is a mistake to suppose that the whole issue is how to free man. The issue is to improve the way in which he is controlled."

B. F. Skinner
"Hell is other people." - Jean Paul Sartre

"You can't think and play at the same time." - Sonny Rollins

“It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia. Eventually within the next quarter of a century, the nostalgia cycles will be so close together that people will not be able to take a step without being nostalgic for the one they just took. At that point, everything stops. Death by Nostalgia.” - Frank Zappa

where were we?

"where were we?"

jancivil 2021

:hihi:

as opposed to plants that are surprised by their own farts?

A quick search to find what animals dont fart I found this gem.
Manatees hold on to their farts to remain buoyant in the water, and they are known to fart before diving from the surface. Caruso says it’s easy to spot a constipated manatee: These will be swimming with their tails up out of the water, unable to expel the buoyant gas from their behinds.

thank gawd, couldnt have slept another night without knowing that

i bet whale farts stink.

vurt wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 pm i bet whale farts stink.
response here

Return to “Music Theory”