Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

beely wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm Does it hold up today or does it sound cheap and plastic?
I find the prophecy still usable in modern styles, but you definitely need to like it's special sound. I think it's real strength are vivid, organic solo sounds.

sorry for my ignorance buthaving unseccessfully read through the tech spec's

does anybody know if apple M1 (sic!) silicon native is supported ?

from what i can see: no

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... ations.php

if so...asking that price for an outdated platform...?

c_voltage wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:37 pm Upgrade from whole Legacy Bundle to v3 is 200 bucks
Upgrade from M1 LE to v3 is the same price.
Full v3 from scratch is 300.
Another regular pass lol.
Same for me. Having the Legacy bundle is the same price as you have M1 LE which you get for free sometimes. :(

muki wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:00 pm sorry for my ignorance buthaving unseccessfully read through the tech spec's

The same 'outdated' platform that apple still sends updates for, up to two days ago, and all their pro models they still sell?
I am sure over time Korg will build Silicon Native, but to call the Intel platform on mac outdated is well...
Rsp
sound sculptist

Mini Korg would be a nostalgia buy for me since it was my first synth back in the early seventies. And the Prophecy never impressed me as much.
As long as I get the Extreme for being a current Triton owner, I think waiting for a next inversion is more likely. I'll agree with others that the Z1 is most logical in this regard. But I'd like to see the Radias/AL and Mod 7 come into this as well. But I'm not holding my breath on those.

Financially things are a little tight so, much as I am enjoying the Prophecy, I will pass for now.

But it is fantastic that the upgrade to Triton Extreme is free. Thank you Korg! :tu: :phones: :tu:

(Also hoping for a Z1 emulation)
바보

beely wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pm
How's the Prophecy sounding? CPU use? Does it hold up today or does it sound cheap and plastic? How's playability without all the physical controls of the hardware?
Prophecy sounds great (assuming you lie how the original sounds!), adding some unison makes it huge (and CPU use is pretty good) and of course you can now play it as a full poly! You can map the controls to your existing hardware, so no issues.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:24 pm
muki wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:00 pm sorry for my ignorance buthaving unseccessfully read through the tech spec's

The same 'outdated' platform that apple still sends updates for, up to two days ago, and all their pro models they still sell?
I am sure over time Korg will build Silicon Native, but to call the Intel platform on mac outdated is well...
Rsp
It's funny to see all these guys that bought Mac minis and Macbooks thinking those are all that's left :lol:

There is a whole world outside of your windows, if you care to look at it. To start, there is Windows, which is more than 50% of the market. Then there are all those guys that still have Macs running on Intel.

If something, running to support M1 will probably be suicidal, since that platform is still in its infancy. If I was a developer, i would wait for the next CPU generation before start thinking about it.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:19 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:24 pm

Rsp
It's funny to see all these guys that bought Mac minis and Macbooks thinking those are all that's left :lol:

There is a whole world outside of your windows, if you care to look at it. To start, there is Windows, which is more than 50% of the market. Then there are all those guys that still have Macs running on Intel.

If something, running to support M1 will probably be suicidal, since that platform is still in its infancy. If I was a developer, i would wait for the next CPU generation before start thinking about it.
M1 has enough power to run these outdated synths under Rosetta 2 :-)
No, they are not native Apple silicon.
btw In the meantime there are a lot of suicidal developers already.
I am sure the collection runs fine on Intel and Windows too.

No VST 3 either, I don't know how anyone manages ;-)
I remember when all we wanted from Korg was bigger GUI's !
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Did check Prophecy demo, well at least here huge list of automation, for almost all features. Korg's revised it seems their approach after Triton. That definitely plus.
Well, talking about sound of, can't say nothing bad, but not particularly impressed (although it is clear that the instrument did not claim this, ie rather for other things).
For example, i didn't really like the unison "phasey" character. At the same time, cpu usage can increase enormously together with that, depends of voices amount and envelope release time.
In general, as the saying is, "for fan".

Tried the demo version earlier. They all sound really good..

Can anyone confirm if the software can read old pcg files, from a hardware version, on the updated Triton?

Korg messaged me to say it will be added at some point. Just hoping it's been added...
If so.. I'll be buying the collection.

Hi all guys, as far as i understand i have two upgrade options.
1, 99$ adding Prophecy, Triton Extreme and miniKorg
2. 149$ adding Prophecy, Triton, Triton Extreme and miniKorg

So i wonder which differences there are between Triton and Triton Extreme.

Any opinion?

thanks

Can you help my confusion? I have the legacy collection and an upgrade price of 199, yet some are seeing 149. Is it something to do with a “special bundle” of the legacy collection?

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:09 pm Can you help my confusion? I have the legacy collection and an upgrade price of 199, yet some are seeing 149. Is it something to do with a “special bundle” of the legacy collection?
there’s a version of the legacy collection including the Arp Odyssey. From that the upgrade is $149, it’s $199 to upgrade from the version without the Odyssey.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”