DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

That's correct :)
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Yes it is not enough for it to work, I like to understand so that I can exploit new ideas.
What sure is that you helped me to solve this split problem.
No need for Synapse to develop it anymore.
I assume that if you don't have Aftertouch, you have a heavy piano touch.
To appreciate my B3 and tell me what you think, you have to test it with a light touch (organ) and aftertouch for the leslie effect.
Vibrato controlled by MWheel.

I thank you again. :clap:
Lucien

Here's a quick "drumkit" I knocked up playing 8 different percussion sounds on the white keys from C1-to-C2. Eack key triggers a different sound.
MH Drumkit.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

That is really awesome! You should show it to Richard. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Nice job, happy holidays to all and at the end of August

Maybe he could also show Richard how to increase the polyphony from 16 to 24,32,48 and 64 voices ?

That would be helpful :)
No auto tune...

Just a quick ask of Richard from Synapse before I go on vacation.
A Mixer tab in the area, Keyboard, FxBus1, Fxbus2 ....
allowing access to a configurable mixer on the channels / oscillators used with the possibility of editing a descriptive text.
It would be a happiness :wink:

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 pm Maybe he could also show Richard how to increase the polyphony from 16 to 24,32,48 and 64 voices ?

I've requested additional Polyphony several times in the past. So far no word on whether it will ever increase from 16.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:12 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 pm Maybe he could also show Richard how to increase the polyphony from 16 to 24,32,48 and 64 voices ?

I've requested additional Polyphony several times in the past. So far no word on whether it will ever increase from 16.
Was there any mention of "drag and drop" modulation forthcoming? That must be a priority!

Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:03 pm Was there any mention of "drag and drop" modulation forthcoming? That must be a priority!
No. Not everybody considers drag and drop modulation a priority. For example quite a few people have requested a new preset browser.

I don't want or need either one and so on....priorities can differ a great deal from person to person. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:03 pm Was there any mention of "drag and drop" modulation forthcoming? That must be a priority!
No. Not everybody considers drag and drop modulation a priority. For example quite a few people have requested a new preset browser.

I don't want or need either one and so on....priorities can differ a great deal from person to person. :shrug:
Drag and drop modulation is a must imo

I wonder if Richard is working on DUNE 4 ?

Totally agree, because this is one of the main software synths advantages
HcDoom wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:05 pm

Drag and drop modulation is a must imo

HcDoom wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm Drag and drop modulation is a must imo
Why? What does it allow you to do that you can't already do? It may make things a little easier but it doesn't affect the sound DUNE 3 can make one bit.

On the other hand for example added Polyphony can allow pads with long release times to "breathe" when playing full fisted chords and comping notes. That feature can have a direct effect on the sound of D3.

I'm perfectly comfortable with the current modulation system and would prefer time be spent on things that expand the range of sounds DUNE 3 can make but there's no telling what the future holds for D3. Maybe some day Drag and Drop will be added. :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:29 pm
HcDoom wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm Drag and drop modulation is a must imo
Why? What does it allow you to do that you can't already do?
It's super fast.

The way I could imagine it to be implemented in Dune would be to use drag & drop modulation, and then have a small overlay wheel or something to apply the modulation depth. And, the modulation you just set would turn up in the mod matrix then, of course. That is much, much faster and easier than using the mod matrix.

I don't own Dune, but, I think the drag & drop modulation concept is absolutely fantastic, and, indeed, as HcDoom wrote, I think it's kind of a must have these days, because it makes things easier, and faster.

Return to “Instruments”