Frogpondians - Firsthand Experience (psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, kind of oldschool psytrance. No intention with it other than pure fun and enjoyment. You can however write some comments, I am listening. Its CC licensed and free download.

https://soundcloud.com/user-924472470/f ... experience

nice beat. enjoyed it!
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Very nice one, I hear some influences from old progressive acts such as Virbasphere and Atmos, but it also has enough original melodies and sounds.

Very enjoyable track overall. Definitely oldschool, but in a good way
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks guys !

Vibrasphere - yes
Atmos - never heard of

Psytrance passed me by in the 90s (is that right?). However I am starting to appreciate it now and I enjoyed your track. Cool work.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerius: Thanks ! I am in same category :-) I started to make psytrance inspired tracks around 2012. And still I find it fun to make. There are some basic rules that defines this genre, but for me its always way to unexplored grounds. BTW I don't listen to psytrance.

Well produced bit of psytrance with some great sound combos in there - enjoyable listen.

Two small points...

I was listening at first on a small Bluetooth speaker and the kick was too high in the mix.... Drowned out everything else a little bit... Same listening on my phone, but then absolutely fine when I switched to my big hi fi speakers.

Musically, it's good as it stands, but for me the very best psytrance tracks (certainly those that don't worry too much about the exact 'rules' of the genre) always contain a strong hook alongside or soaring above the rippling energy of the groove... Could be an effect, an interesting sound or a more sustained melodic phrase... Whatever, but I felt that was the final missing element that would've lifted it all even higher.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Not bad.

Like Chameleon stated the kick is too loud and it could use some air in the high end.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Return to “Music Cafe”