Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

I managed to get Triton extreme and Polysix to work fine with no issues. The big display is a huge welcome for both. But sheesh, Korg is way behind the likes of Arturia in terms of quality software and support.
<List your stupid gear here>

BONES wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:29 am The M1 VST is just a sample playback machine. It doesn't even have a resonant filter, FFS..
Thats not correct

Triton version 1.3 don't change drum sample for black keys in drum kit, for white keys I can change a drum sample. It is demo limitation or bug?
Also, as mentioned in this topic, if PROG Digital is changed (on main menu) it is instant crash for Triton.

So cool. Yesterday I regretted selling my Prophecy recently because I could use some of its physical modeling. Today I have a replication in software. Was the only synth I bought, however, owned the legacy collection and never liked their analog emulations.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

i can't even install the software. I start the Software Pass program and it says there's a newer version available with a big red download button. I press the download button and nothing happens.

NM figured it out, but Korgs disorganization is a mess for it's customers.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

I won't be purchasing the collection yet.
You're still not able to load pcg data from the original Triton... very disappointed 😞

toitoi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:48 am
BONES wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:29 am The M1 VST is just a sample playback machine. It doesn't even have a resonant filter, FFS..
Thats not correct
The M1 also has oscillators, maybe a bit of a push to describe it as a sample playback machine?
The filter VDF (Variable Digital Filter), low-pass velocity sensitive (non-resonant)
Perhaps Bones meant it was non resonant?

toitoi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:48 am
Thats not correct
If my memory serves me right, the hardware M1 didn't have a resonant filter. I think that was the reason why I went with the Kawai K4 way back when. Anyway - good that Korg added a resonant filter in the software version.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 am The M1 also has oscillators, maybe a bit of a push to describe it as a sample playback machine?
Well, it *is* a sample playback machine - the oscillators just play samples.
DrGonzo wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:14 am If my memory serves me right, the hardware M1 didn't have a resonant filter.
At this time, Korg were using Yamaha chips, and Yamaha did not have digital chips that implemented good filters - so none of those machines, including the M1 and Wavestation, had "proper" filters - probably one of the weakest parts of them - and so much so Korg added them into the virtual re-inc-ulations (see what I did there?) to make them more useful.

I remember various people who developed the Wavestation talking about the lack of digital filters in the chips they had available at the time, much to their disappointment - otherwise they would have had them built-in to the original hardware...

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am
mgelon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:33 am
Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm There's still no upgrade path for people who bought the original Legacy Collection, then bought the ARP Odyssey plugin separately. I own all the same things as the "Special Bundle", but can't get the Special Bundle upgrade price.
I've been in a similar situation, buying them all separately before the Triton (and not completing/consolidating the group before the korguser to korg id migration). I had emailed support about consolidating licenses when Legacy Collection 2 released, but it seemed like a brick wall.

I'm thinking of trying a new email that very clearly describes how poor the deal is- I own 7 of the 11 products, and if I want LC3, it's $299.00 in this sale, the same price someone who owns 0 would pay. That does not make any sense. I'm assuming their internal system is not set up to perform these kind of edge-case license scenarios.
I emailed support today as well. If they want my money, they'll sort it out…otherwise I'll pass. Not going to pay twice for the ARP Odyssey plugin.
Similar deal here - I own the Odyssey, M1, Wavestation, MS-20, PolySix, and Mono/Poly, purchased from KorgUser/ID over the years and there's no upgrade option. I also emailed support this morning so we'll see where that goes, but at $299 that's a hard no.

Still wondering why we can’t try Odyssey :dog:

Not sure whether I am missing something here. Personally, I am not so interested in the Prophecy and Tritons, but I would have liked the resizable GUI on the MS-20, Mono/Poly etc. Was there ever any upgrade path to those versions, which I missed? Is there still a way to upgrade to those?

toitoi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:48 amThats not correct
That's what happens when you make assumptions, because the M1 never had a resonant filter and I never got that far with the VSTi because it just sounded bleh. So now I have to point out that the VSTi not only sounds bad but it's a shit emulation because they didn't even get the filter right!
Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:12 amThe M1 also has oscillators, maybe a bit of a push to describe it as a sample playback machine?
It is the quintessential ROMpler and a ROMpler is a sample playback machine.
The filter VDF (Variable Digital Filter), low-pass velocity sensitive (non-resonant)
Perhaps Bones meant it was non resonant?
That's what I meant but, as the image shows very clearly, I was wrong. Not for the first time, either, I should point out.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

beely wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:40 am
Well, it *is* a sample playback machine - the oscillators just play samples.
I suppose it is when you put it like that. :)
I cannot argue on that point.

Btw beely how is the convertor you promised for the Roland JV going?
At one point you punted it like there is no tomorrow but then the euphoria drained like a lead brick :)
Abandonware?

martin_l wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:30 pm Not sure whether I am missing something here. Personally, I am not so interested in the Prophecy and Tritons, but I would have liked the resizable GUI on the MS-20, Mono/Poly etc. Was there ever any upgrade path to those versions, which I missed? Is there still a way to upgrade to those?
The GUI update to MS20 etc was free if you owned them. I think you just had to make sure you registered on their newer web site. Think they sent out emails about it to existing owners about 18 months ago.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”