How do i sidechain in Reason DAW using a 3rd party plugin?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone help with this? I would like to use some of the waves compressors i have to sidechain my kicks into bass guitar. It seems Reason is locked to only using the mixer method and you cant use your own plugins?

This is easier in Reason than in most hosts... you just need to flip to the back of the rack and make the required cable connection.

https://youtu.be/bDd2lKMyGX8
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

pingunuke wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm Can anyone help with this? I would like to use some of the waves compressors i have to sidechain my kicks into bass guitar. It seems Reason is locked to only using the mixer method and you cant use your own plugins?
You can.
Hit tab to flip the rack, click the cv programmer drop-down and the optional inputs 3 4 will be lit up green which are sidechain inputs.

What I would do is use the spider audio merger & splitter to route the parallel channel to the splitter and then take the split outputs to the compressor sidechain inputs.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”