S/PDIF A/D converter for Scarlett 44.1KHz

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking to get a Scarlett 18i8 and would like to access the Stereo S/PDIF in. Does anyone know of a converter that will run at 44.1KHz?

This card has 4 analog inputs (on the front, I did not look further). I guess you wanted two extra?
If you need an extra S/PDIF interface for an extra pair of inputs, I'd advice to look further.
I bought a MAYA1010 (with 8 in/out) for a similar price 20 years ago.
Better option though is to hook up a behringer ADA8000 which provides 8 extra channels over ADAT lightpipe.

General warning: focusrite makes shitty drivers that pop & crackle at low latency. I read a lot of forum posts here, and I see a strong correllation between focusrite and problematic drivers. (only behringer is worse, they don't even supply any ASIO driver but link to asio4all)
Be warned, think twice...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I have 18i20, with no issues with drivers at all, either on PC nor Mac M1, low latency too and have hooked up ADA8200 ADAT, M1 gets me down to 32 with 3ms latency with no issues, PC Win 10 gets down to 64 with 8ms latency same no issues. But definately grab a Behringer ADA 8200, to expand those inputs is best solution. All at 48KHz.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”