Oversample/Pancz

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Just bought it. Pretty nice for 59$.
The multiband is really cool when using the plug on loops
Simple and repetive are my middle names

noiseresearch wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:00 pm They also have a cool looking cassette emulation... but no demo versions... so no way to test as it seems...
I picked up the tape plugin OCS-45 - it's very cool. Capable of some very cassette-y tones and vibe. As a person who grew up with cassettes and later used them professionally, working with various decks and tape types to optimize quality back in the day, I can say OCS-45 sounds authentic when you don't go crazy with the paramenters. Well worth $20 if not $50-60, frankly.

As for Pancz, I didn't get it because I have other multi-band transient tools and I am not sure if Pancz brings anything to the table for me. With no demo and $60 I felt it was too much of a risk. For those with other transient tools that also use Pancz, what is it about Pancz that is unique and useful?

I can't tell from the videos if the clipping/limiting is per band or if it's only on the summed output, but if it is separate for each individual band that would be pretty nice. So far I'm using SurrealMachines Impact and Neutron 3 for this sort of stuff and getting by just fine, but 3 band limiting + transient shaping in one screen sounds fantastic.

The clipping/limiting is only on summed output.
Would have been great if if was per band. Hopefully in a update
Simple and repetive are my middle names

Well... I can confirm this plugin is absolutely FANTASTIC.
Just bought, already in love.
The multiband part is really working well better than I thought.
Only the mix knob is somewhat broken, as the phase is not correctly aligned (will contact the developer about it). Simply adjust your transients as you wish and you don't really need this knob.
I haven't compared it with the multiband transient plugins I already own, but the thing is that I love this one.
The transients are shaped really, really well to my tastes.
CPU usage is quite noticable.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

A company named 'Oversampled' that makes a plugin that aliasses like crazy. The irony.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:38 am A company named 'Oversampled' that makes a plugin that aliasses like crazy. The irony.
Nothing ironic about it. It's named after the channel/person who seems to be behind the development concepts.

https://youtube.com/c/Oversampled

If you listen to some of the stuff he does you can kinda tell he gives zero f**ks about aliasing as do most of the people who produce in these genres
I

TIMT wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:36 pm
dionenoid wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:38 am A company named 'Oversampled' that makes a plugin that aliasses like crazy. The irony.
Nothing ironic about it. It's named after the channel/person who seems to be behind the development concepts.

https://youtube.com/c/Oversampled

If you listen to some of the stuff he does you can kinda tell he gives zero f**ks about aliasing as do most of the people who produce in these genres
You say it's not ironic, only to explain what is ironic about it :lol:
More BPM please

In which genres is aliasing OK? Non-musical? Because it sounds really bad.

RPH wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:27 pm
In which genres is aliasing OK? Non-musical? Because it sounds really bad.
I'm not approving of it, i am just saying that in the genre the kid is involved with and provides tutorials for, aliasing is way down the list of shits given. It's actually embraced since high end in a lot of that Future Bass/"Colour Bass"stuff just sounds like complete shit to me..guess i am officially old :party:
I

KVR: the only forum to have a discussion about aliasing on every single thread

SNBeatz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:50 pm KVR: the only forum to have a discussion about aliasing on every single thread
I say Fk to aliasing. People waste their time with this instead of making music. Maybe they can't make music.

KVR: the only forum to have a discussion about aliasing on every single thread
Not true. On GS it seems to be the most important thing in plugins and everything is put through plugindoctor in various experiments to see if this new plugin makes beautiful images. *

* except for the top mixers who happen to post there from time to time, who don't seem to care all that much about it, as long as it sounds good and is generally useful to them

we are not alone! :lol:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Return to “Effects”