Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been working with Rift for a day now. Amazing. I like it a lot. Now that $75 seems totally worth it. But it's not going to be for everyone I guess. However as a distortion/filter/modulator I would say it's a good general purpose tool for any genre or sound design purpose. I do agree the lack of a demo is a pretty severe missed opportunity for Minimal, but it's their business not mine.

I found this long video that does a good deep dive into Rift if you don't want to buy it to trial it, this video gives a lot of examples of Rift's capabilities and sound.

FYI Rift has 30 different distortions that can be independently applied to the + and - phases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYduaDDW400

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:46 pm I'm still in doubts. I don't remember, do Rift has modulation from incoming signal ability, in modulators ?
(And if yes- this is works ok ? I mean - no issues\limited ranges\poor sensitivity etc)
Here again, why this should not be taken in the blind.
Ok confirmed thru user manual that there is env follower. (But again how good it works, idk).

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 pm
c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:46 pm I'm still in doubts. I don't remember, do Rift has modulation from incoming signal ability, in modulators ?
(And if yes- this is works ok ? I mean - no issues\limited ranges\poor sensitivity etc)
Ok confirmed thru user manual that there is env follower. (But again how good it works, idk).
It works great. Keep hounding Minimal for a demo and let them know you wont buy without one. Money talks.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 pm Ok confirmed thru user manual that there is env follower. (But again how good it works, idk).
Works good. LFO retrigger works good too.
More BPM please

LeVzi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:27 pm
dionenoid wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:41 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:12 pm Yeah I don't listen to a word they say tbh.
Why not ?
Why should I ? I simply don't like their stuff.
It's simply a vid with examples of Rift doing harder styles sounds. Just listen to the first 20 seconds.
More BPM please

plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 pm
c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:43 pm
It works great. Keep hounding Minimal for a demo and let them know you wont buy without one. Money talks.
Well..Also, tried just now lite version, for check all what i can check in it. So, not found anything special in filters (tried with extreme resonance. Just regular good filters), and morphing feature did not enough impressed too. The only things, liked a bit the Spread feature. Which, however, is also no longer news (remembered Crush Pro for example).
In General... it seems not this time. (Yep, will vote for the demo heh)

Additionally, found that there is no usd at official page, just euro (?) That is also not conducive to inspiration.
*PB do not offer (just in this case).

When I bought it direct from Minimal it was in USD. I didn't buy from PB because of their no-refund policy and Minimal says on their site the refund only applies if its purchased directly from them.

True about your experiences with the Lite version and filter. Now imagine including a very nice sounding flexible distortion engine and a cool feedback sections for various textures and delays all connected with a cool modulation system including two complex curve modulators. It's quite the package.

It's understandable people don't want to pay try and refund if not to their liking. The way I look at it is, I will get a refund... I trust Minimal with that. worse case scenario for me is I don't get the refund and open a dispute with the CC company. I'll get the money back eventually. I am in no rush. I consider this scenario an edge case frankly. So I figured, why not, for me there was no good reason and there is a chance it could be one of the very deep great sounding creative tools... it's seems like it is! More time with it needed....

One benefit of the no-demo-but-refund model is that it's an effecrtive pill to reduce the suffering of GAS. :borg: :party:

plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:31 pm When I bought it direct from Minimal it was in USD.
Oh after i logged in account it's changed to usd as well, damn.
plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:31 pm Now imagine including a very nice sounding flexible distortion engine and a cool feedback sections for various textures and delays all connected with a cool modulation system including two complex curve modulators. It's quite the package.
Yes, can imagine, and it really excruciatingly a bit.

plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:31 pm and a cool feedback sections
BTW again - regarding feedback engine - from that what i could noticed from videos - there is worries about this too.
As I understand it, the nature of the fb tail here - is a regular delay. While (as far as I understand), feedback could be implemented in other (more complex) ways as well.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:41 pm Yes, can imagine, and it really excruciatingly a bit.
You got GAS, boy! :borg: Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. :borg:

plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm
c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:41 pm Yes, can imagine, and it really excruciatingly a bit.
Oh lol

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:54 pm
plexuss wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm
Oh lol
Did you buy it yet ? :lol:
More BPM please

Seems super cool, but I don't like how their plug-ins connect to the internet.

dionenoid wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:55 pm Did you buy it yet ? :lol:
Well no, not yet. Unfortunately there are a couple another tasty things that can take for this amount (as am think for all of us), and where you know exactly what you will get.
75 it's higher than the "blind" border.
Like summarize, all of what i can completely sure in this product is that devs qualitatively invested in modulation. This big deal, but not enough. Filters is regular. And it remains to fully verify the behavior of each the distortion algorithms. It is critical important. It seems i have nothing more to add.

Okay I bought this to demo it. I don't think I'm gonna ask for a refund, it's good.

Return to “Effects”