Poll : Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Would KVR benefit from a video forum?

Yes.
55%
No.
25%
I dont give a flying fish!
20%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:15 pm wait, shit. blender does spout?

wow.
So could NestDrop send a “performance” to Blender via Spout and be recorded as a video file by Blender to be used with other footage, add effects, etc?

I guess what I’m asking is what would be a good way to make the output of NestDrop into a video file to be used as a piece of a larger video project — on a single computer if possible?

guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:15 pm wait, shit. blender does spout?

wow.
So could NestDrop send a “performance” to Blender via Spout and be recorded as a video file by Blender to be used with other footage, add effects, etc?
damn, turns out no.

https://github.com/maybites/blender.script.spout
Currently it is only possible to send Spout streams, but not to receive them.
But you could try this,

https://www.lightjams.com/spout-recorder.html

And OBS has a Spout input plugin.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:10 pm third capture test, probably the last for right now. This time running the toy camera into an Arduino Video Experimenter shield, which is superimposing the text etc. That's just running the factory program for now.

https://youtu.be/brWMoqFYc1w

(Captured via the RCA->HDMI->USB chain.)
Super cool :tu: Definitely I need to arrange some kind of capture card and a webcam apparently.
So I can get some video into the Hypno. I did find a good converter for the OBS .mkv format
from leawo that I might need to pop for. I also installed Vegas 15 that I bought in 2018 apparently
and never bothered to download (was on 14) and it can use OBS as a virtual cam which I
haven't tried yet. The webcam feature in NDI requires Win 10 and I'm on 8.1 so I can't use that :x
vurt wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:26 pm

it's cool looking n all, but i can't help feeling like ive been hypnotized and there's an assassination i should be doing or something?

8) nice!
that would be cool as projections for a club too.
Heh, lets just say it's always a good idea to keep some spare cloths, fake Id's and travelling cash
on ya. You never know when they might come in handy. Oh and maybe some explosives. :tu:

Anyway, yeah I said before that Hypno was a good name for it. Definitely it can be toned down
if desired. It's interesting to try and make it interesting with CV, certainly places some extra
emphasis on having some super slow lfo's and spare attenuators. I actually need to move cvilization
closer to it and bring that to bear on it, which I haven't done yet.
guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 pm So it turns out Milkdrop itself is still alive and kicking (who knew?) and since it’s open source there is quite a bit going on over the years.
Cool, I like to use Viz from Echobit as it's all openGL shader language. It can do similar visuals
in realtime as well (from within the DAW). Though it seems like it's not going to be developed further.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 pm
guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 pm So it turns out Milkdrop itself is still alive and kicking (who knew?) and since it’s open source there is quite a bit going on over the years.
Cool, I like to use Viz from Echobit as it's all openGL shader language. It can do similar visuals
in realtime as well (from within the DAW). Though it seems like it's not going to be developed further.
I’ll check out Viz, thanks — projectM is Milkdrop that runs OpenGL, I think it even runs all the old Milkdrop presets.

That Blender 3D object with animated visualizer skin thing you posted — how does that work? Is the visualizer routed to Blender somehow or does it use an imported video file of the visualizer?

guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:03 pm
That Blender 3D object with animated visualizer skin thing you posted — how does that work? Is the visualizer routed to Blender somehow or does it use an imported video file of the visualizer?
Just a video file, there is no realtime conduit for that, that I am aware of. You can however, make
your own visualization in blender and use it in whatever way. You can modulate almost any parameter
in blender with Audio.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:11 pm You can modulate almost any parameter in blender with Audio.
That’s very good to know — Blender is seeming very useful. Too bad it can only send via Spout, but I know Blender is still being very actively developed, so hopefully sometime in the future it’ll send and receive.

pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 pm Cool, I like to use Viz from Echobit as it's all openGL shader language. It can do similar visuals
:hyper:

... moments later.
NOTE: we have currently suspended our version for Windows but are working to get it up and running again soon. Please stay tuned!
:bang:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:29 pm Cool, I like to use Viz from Echobit as it's all openGL shader language. It can do similar visuals

... moments later.
NOTE: we have currently suspended our version for Windows but are working to get it up and running again soon. Please stay tuned!
https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/projectm
projectM is an OpenGL based advanced music visualization program for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. It is backward compatible with all the features of Milkdrop 1.x (and now 2.x), but has many new toys and enhancements.

guitarzan wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:52 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:40 pm

... moments later.
https://github.com/projectM-visualizer/projectm
projectM is an OpenGL based advanced music visualization program for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. It is backward compatible with all the features of Milkdrop 1.x (and now 2.x), but has many new toys and enhancements.
Cool, the best thing about Viz is that you can automate it with your DAW as well as Audio.
Many find it difficult to use unfortunately, as it's oriented towards programmer types.

pekbro wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:35 am Cool, the best thing about Viz is that you can automate it with your DAW as well as Audio.
Many find it difficult to use unfortunately, as it's oriented towards programmer types.
Yeah, Viz is a plug-in which is cool, but no Windows version right now. ProjectM presets can be edited too (OpenGL), but unlike Milkdrop or NestDrop it doesn’t have a Spout plug-in, so back to the “how to capture” question (but it seems people have no problems with screen capture nowadays).

I just noticed Imaginando Visual Synthesizer can record it’s own video and it’s a plug-in, plus midi controls, and polyphonic visual voices (can have different visuals reacting to different tracks I guess. Cool.)

I guess I’m thinking Imaginando plus NestDrop does all the visualization type stuff I could ever want. Then maybe Blender, Resolve, plus I have two high speed cameras and one capable of up to 3k raw video (working on a Cheap-O-Scope anamorphic lens setup). I don’t have access to Solidworks anymore, so unless I can get a handle on Blender or some other 3D thing I might need to check out FreeCAD (which is an open source parametric solid modeler like Solidworks). Probably that psychedelic camera thing and other odds and ends…

Just checking out the latest version of Blender, it's pretty cool. Much improved in terms of modeling
since I used it last. It's pretty easy to use imo. Blender just kind of does things in it's own way, though
it's still much the same functionality as exists in everything else. You just need to get used to it.
I have re-oriented to it in 9 mins after maybe 3 yrs break. :shrug:

While it’s on my mind again — and I am serious about this — I would love to find all those killer psychedelic screen savers from, say, the mid ‘90s thru the early 2000s and use them as visualizations somehow. I really miss some of those things! Some of them were super weird and truly mesmerizing… yeah, psychedelic… the colors man, the colors…

A windows version of Lumen is under development. No exact eta, but relatively soon I'm told. :tu:

guitarzan wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 am While it’s on my mind again — and I am serious about this — I would love to find all those killer psychedelic screen savers from, say, the mid ‘90s thru the early 2000s and use them as visualizations somehow. I really miss some of those things! Some of them were super weird and truly mesmerizing… yeah, psychedelic… the colors man, the colors…
https://www.screensaversplanet.com/scre ... &order=asc
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”