Bitwig Studio 4 announced (+beta available)!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jonljacobi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm I beg to differ. That's my bread and butter and I far prefer Live. It takes a while to get used to Live, but it's extremely efficient once you're used to it. There are tiny little things in Bitwig that absolutely drives me nuts.
Of course your opinion is valid for you. This is subjective stuff.

For linear arranging I prefer Bitwig too. There are a number of things that make a significant difference for me. The two biggest are...

1- Bitwig has Hybrid Tracks and Bounce in Place. I use this constantly.

2- Bitwig audio clips are containers which can contain any number of audio events. Just this one aspect for me makes audio editing in Bitwig much better than Live. No contest really.

Another big one not specific to arrangement. I have not had an actual application crash with a release version of Bitwig in years. It is by far the most stable DAW I have ever used.

I mainly work in Arrange but I find it really useful to be able to open the Clip Launcher next to Arrange and store clips, try stuff out, make variations etc. And so on.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:36 am
jonljacobi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:54 pm I beg to differ. That's my bread and butter and I far prefer Live. It takes a while to get used to Live, but it's extremely efficient once you're used to it. There are tiny little things in Bitwig that absolutely drives me nuts.
Of course your opinion is valid for you. This is subjective stuff.

For linear arranging I prefer Bitwig too. There are a number of things that make a significant difference for me. The two biggest are...

1- Bitwig has Hybrid Tracks and Bounce in Place. I use this constantly.

2- Bitwig audio clips are containers which can contain any number of audio events. Just this one aspect for me makes audio editing in Bitwig much better than Live. No contest really.

Another big one not specific to arrangement. I have not had an actual application crash with a release version of Bitwig in years. It is by far the most stable DAW I have ever used.

I mainly work in Arrange but I find it really useful to be able to open the Clip Launcher next to Arrange and store clips, try stuff out, make variations etc. And so on.
And there are M4L devices in Live that you can't make in Bitwig
Better more immediate effects
Far better hardware support

MuzikFreq wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:14 am
And there are M4L devices in Live that you can't make in Bitwig
Better more immediate effects
Far better hardware support
The topic was working in Arrange... For the reasons I stated, I like the linear arrangement better in Bitwig than Live. Especially I find audio editing in Bitwig much better suited to my work.

I have no need of M4L devices. Generally, I'm satisfied with Bitwig's FX and anything extra I need, I have enough VST FX. My needs have long since been covered.
The hardware I have is supported by Bitwig. So covered there too.

If you prefer Live, that is up to you. There is no right answer. Use what works for you.

I sold the suite version of Live and bought the standard one because I didn't want M4L! I don't want to use any M4L device! Man! It's so sluggish that the computer waits seconds to load a preset that has M4L devices! It seems foreign and they forced it into Live!
Bitwig is far better for me in modulations and complex sound design because the devices are part of the Software core and there is no cpu penalty in using them (reasonably).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”