Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Question: on the triton, now we have pattern editing, but the manual don't describe what are those small dots in the center...... those are for the drum patterns / individual hits ?
oK, I see - these are for the drums.
I have another queston: this triton extreme can do everything, that the previous triton? I checked some sounds, and they are there, moreover the arp has pattern A and B...
If it has everything, I could uninstall the other triton....

tristan- wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:31 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 am I did NOT see Prophecy coming. I hope that also means they will add Z1 in the next one. :)

That said, yes, the coupon code is borked, I contacted their support. Let's see.
It's a polyphonic Prophecy model though
It is, but it's still missing models (Hammond organ and electric piano) from the Z1 that the Prophecy didn't have. 256 note poly certainly kills even the expanded Z1 at 18 poly. I'd like to find the MOSS/Z1 presets and try to give it a go, but need them in sysex, not pcg like I have them now. Obviously anything with the missing models won't work, but that likely won't hurt my feelings since I'm not all that into the Hammond or electric pianos.

Devon
Last edited by DevonB on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

I bought the bundle without even checking out the demos. $99 is a good deal and I always love the Korg plugins. Insta-buy for me.

But HOW can we be 18 months past the Triton release date, we got the Extreme version now and STILL we cannot import PCG files in, BUT we get sysex import day one with the Prophecy? Really? Did I miss it somewhere? Really frustrating. I sold all of my EXB boards once I got the Triton VST, but obviously couldn't replace the MOSS. Now we're close with the Prophecy, but still want my patch library from the Triton. Come on Korg, let's get preset importing working on the Triton.

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Yamaha owns Korg
Yamaha owns Steinberg.
Yet no VST3 versions and problems in Cubase :)
Besides that, wouldn't it be cool if Steinberg had some of Korg vsts bundled with Cubase Pro?

Yamaha does not, and never did, own Korg.

For a while, they had a controlling interest, but Korg bought the majority of that out over the intervening years.

andypryce wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 pm Yamaha owns Korg
Yamaha owns Steinberg.
Besides that, wouldn't it be cool if Steinberg had some of Korg vsts bundled with Cubase Pro?
Some history lessons for you
https://www.soundonsound.com/music-busi ... org-part-2
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

My first Korg was the MiniKorg K-1 by Univox...

BBFG# wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:28 pm My first Korg was the MiniKorg K-1 by Univox...
Googling it doesn't turn up much... Is that some kind of 'rebranded' 700FS?
Edit: I quickly looked at a picture; no controls on the top panel.

Same bug here. (Win10, demo version)
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:00 am
grymmjack wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:01 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:59 pm There is a nasty bug in the vst version of the prophecy ( win 10 user here )
Click on of the modulation slots shown in the picture , a pop will appear you can select a source but nothing will happen
Now the button has become totally irresponsive ( green )
This does not happen in the standalone version
Reproduced here as well. Thanks for the report. How do we tell KORG? Do they have representation here?
A good start might be to have more people actually confirming the bug

T-CM11 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:36 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:28 pm My first Korg was the MiniKorg K-1 by Univox...
Googling it doesn't turn up much... Is that some kind of 'rebranded' 700FS?
Edit: I quickly looked at a picture; no controls on the top panel.
Yep. No top controls.
According to that history link, it was what got rebranded to the latter versions. But they did have a K-2 and a K-3 Maxi-Korg as well. After owning mine for about ten years, I bought a MemoryMoog and I traded the K-1 for an Ovation Deacon electric that I put SD Firebird pickups in, (and then it got ripped off.) That Korg was a workhorse that even took falls and always worked flawlessly. And yes, it had that sound!
Like others, I'm very 'meh' about the Prophecy, but the Mini-Korg has me contemplating the upgrade.

Haha, Prophecy is extremely buggy (win10, Reaper) - just tried to set a modulation on the effects page, and that made REAPER QUIT!

jdoo wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:50 pm Maybe Korg has different teams working on these instruments, and Team B doesnt realize that there would be huge value in having a Global MIDI channel.
I bought the M1 a while back, great software, but team D is so dumb, that it can't even find the same "internet connection" used to buy the plugin, when using their authorizer nonsense. And offline registration ? They never do connect the dots. I try a couple times a year when their website shows some signs of a pulse :hihi: :roll:

At one point, they lost track that I had registered an M1 LE from a hardware purchase, then later on, they totally lost my account. I finally sent them screenshots for proof. Sometimes corporate officer nieces and nephews on summer break, are not the best choice for support employees.

beely wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:20 pm Yamaha does not, and never did, own Korg.

For a while, they had a controlling interest, but Korg bought the majority of that out over the intervening years.
Thank you for the correction.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:03 pm
andypryce wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 pm Yamaha owns Korg
Yamaha owns Steinberg.
Some history lessons for you
https://www.soundonsound.com/music-busi ... org-part-2
Thank You

I found those articles very interesting. I've always considered myself a Korg guy and there haven't been too many years in my life, since I bought a brand new Mono/Poly in 1982, that I haven't owned at least one of their synths. Now, of course, I own heaps of 'em.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”