Available now: Tone2 Saurus4 analog synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:47 pm The upgrade to Saurus3 in early September will be for free.
Awesome. Thanks for the free update Markus :tu:

I might buy it today or in a few days! I actually pressed the buy button yesterday, but I didn't have enough credit :hihi: It won't take long till I get paid and this synth well worth the money.

I already have Nemesis and Rayblaster which I like but haven't used them a lot. I need to read their manuals to have an idea as they are not very easy to grasp. Saurus on the other hand, is very easy and it sounds really great. It can do different kinds of sounds easily. Very well designed synth :tu:

Hey, is there a manual anywhere? I am particularly interested in understanding what the "Stacked" presets are, given that there is a "Stack" tag available in the browser.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 am Hey, is there a manual anywhere? I am particularly interested in understanding what the "Stacked" presets are, given that there is a "Stack" tag available in the browser.
Here you go:
https://www.tone2.com/manual.html

Thanks, mate. I had a root around the Saurus page but couldn't see a link anywhere. It would be nice if it was with the rest of the downloads for the product and/or a direct link in the GUI of the plugin.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I usually search within Bing or Google. It is faster then searching the specific website. Anyway, the manual is for Saurus 1, so not sure what the differences between v1 and v2!

Interested in what the sonic upgrades are, and in hearing a preset demo. If you do another pre-sale before marketing materials are finished that could be cool too.

Awaiting release to buy :)
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

EnGee wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 amI usually search within Bing or Google. It is faster then searching the specific website. Anyway, the manual is for Saurus 1, so not sure what the differences between v1 and v2!
I don't search, I look. I'd rather learn where something is than have it magically appear. Even after you provided a direct link, I went back and worked out how to get there from the Tone 2 home page. It's a man thing.

e-crooner wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 pm Will it have noise? If I remember the demo version right, there was no white noise...
In Saurus2.x there are already several options for noise:

1) In the OSC section turn the knob F/A noise to the left for amplitude-modulation noise applied to the osc waveform

2) In the OSC section turn the knob F/A noise to the right for frequency-modulation noise applied to the osc waveform

3) In the mod-matrix use 'const' as source and 'noise vol' as target to add a white noise generator

4) In 'Config' select 'extreme noise' to use noisy analog filters and oscillators

Q: How can I stack sounds?

Stacking Octaves or (Auto)Chords:
1) In the Arp-section select 'stack' instead as Arp-mode
2) In the Arp-section select 'Chord' as Arp-key-mode

Unison:
- Click on 4X to enable 4x unison. Use 'SPREAD' to detune the voices. Use 'PAN' to control the stereo-width

Sub-oscillators:
- There are a number of sub-oscillators with stacked waveforms. Use MIX to fade them in

Markus Krause wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:11 pm
e-crooner wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:41 pm Will it have noise? If I remember the demo version right, there was no white noise...

1) In the OSC section turn the knob F/A noise to the left for amplitude-modulation noise applied to the osc waveform

2) In the OSC section turn the knob F/A noise to the right for frequency-modulation noise applied to the osc waveform

3) In the mod-matrix use 'const' as source and 'noise vol' as target to add a white noise generator

4) In 'Config' select 'extreme noise' to use noisy analog filters and oscillators
3) Can one also select an envelope or lfo as the source?

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:36 pm
EnGee wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:57 amI usually search within Bing or Google. It is faster then searching the specific website. Anyway, the manual is for Saurus 1, so not sure what the differences between v1 and v2!
I don't search, I look. I'd rather learn where something is than have it magically appear. Even after you provided a direct link, I went back and worked out how to get there from the Tone 2 home page. It's a man thing.
I'm too late as you found it already, but it's also within Saurus itself under the File menu.

e-crooner wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:19 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:11 pm

3) Can one also select an envelope or lfo as the source?
Yes.

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Finding out where to find a manual on a website is definitely not a "man" thing, lol.

Return to “Instruments”