blofeld sound muted after a few minutes of use

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, I have a problem with a desktop blofeld. After a few minutes of use, the sound suddenly disappears. Everything seems to work fine, except that there is no sound anymore ! I have to restart the blofeld to get sound again, and then after a few minutes it goes away again. This is very annoying, can you help me please ? (I have the latest firmware installed : 1.25)

At full use all the time?

No auto power off setting or something?
- if there is a bug try turn that off completely

No, it's definately not an auto power off setting. About 3 minutes after turning on the blofeld, the sound goes off although everything else seems to work normally, I can navigate in the menus, tweak the parameters, browse patches, etc (and midi messages are received because the midi led is blinking)

Do you get audio through headphones?

Also this may be worth a look.

https://talksynths.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ut-repair/
Some of my music Soundcloud Goseba

No audio through headphones. Thanks for the link, that's interesting. The instructions don't seem too difficult, so maybe I'll try it

abducted wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:57 pm No audio through headphones. Thanks for the link, that's interesting. The instructions don't seem too difficult, so maybe I'll try it
Did you click further? Because talksynths.wordpress.com just describes to replace a surface-mounted resistor, but not which. The link within the article that supposedly does state which resistor states that the synthtalk.com domain is for sale. Bummer...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

yeah the webpage is dead, so it's going to be tricky to find the right resistor... and I don't even know if it would fix the problem, so I don't know what to do.

Did you talk to Waldorf?
- horses mouth

abducted wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:57 pm yeah the webpage is dead, so it's going to be tricky to find the right resistor... and I don't even know if it would fix the problem, so I don't know what to do.
https://web.archive.org/web/20130122233 ... nd-repair/

Thanks for the archived page, this could useful, hopefully ! I haven't contacted Waldorf, because the blofeld is not under warranty and I don't want to pay for a repair...

abducted wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:13 am Thanks for the archived page, this could useful, hopefully ! I haven't contacted Waldorf, because the blofeld is not under warranty and I don't want to pay for a repair...
Happy to help :tu:
Hope you get it fixed soon.

Well, I actually sent a message to waldorf this morning and they just replied. They say the problem must be a "broken amplifier unit" and that it would cost about 50 euros to fix it. The archived webpage gives instructions for replacing an "smd fusible resistor", which is different than the amplifier unit mentioned by waldorf, I guess ? Any one here knows how to replace the amplifier unit please?

Shouldn't the sound be completely gone then? Unless you're so unfortunate, that you get a loose contact every time after a few minutes...

yes, it's very strange that every time that I switch on the blofeld everything works fine and the sound is OK. It's only after a few minutes that the sound goes away (and everything else still works fine)

Sounds more like a software issue to me, TBH.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”