DMS-Ascension

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ascension

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:29 pm
DJErmac wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:24 pm
LeVzi wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm I see an update has been released for this, but I cannot find it anywhere to download, Plugin Boutique (Where I bought it) is still version 1.5

Where can I get the latest release ?
In Plugin Boutique, scroll down where you see v1.0. V1.5 is right under. I downloaded it there two days ago.
I know, weird...
LeVzi is looking for v1.5.1 that was released the other day. I am as well, but haven't found it.
[MOD EDIT]Link removed[/MOD EDIT]
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Hey everyone,

Plugin Boutique and W. A. Production have yet to release version 1.5.1 of Ascension (they work on very slow timescales).

Please do not share private links on KVR, in the case of the bit.ly link above this full version that will wipe some of your Ascension configuration folder - it is not intended as an update!

If you purchased Ascension from either Plugin Boutique or W. A. Production, feel free to request either a full version or an update for Mac or PC using the contact form here: https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.com/contact

Have a great week!
Peter @ Ascension
:!: Want to get in touch? Email me! info@ascension-vst-synthesizer.com :!:

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

DJErmac wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:30 pm
Well, I have a link...
(Link Removed in accordance with Dms)

Useless without the serial so...
Not quite as useless as it first appears. :)
I clicked the link out of curiosity and it began to download a 5 + gig file, I was about to cancel when the phone rang and by the time the phone conversation ended I had unwittingly downloaded the whole file.
I extracted the zip just to see what was inside and noticed the following midi packs a lot of which still appear on the DMS website, some of which sell for $60 or more.
There also appears to be a lot of soundfonts.

Not that I am a collector of midi files but I may well keep them for auditioning various patches I have in my Synths.

BS DEEP HOUSE ESSENTIALS MW
BS DEEP HOUSE MIDI ANTHEMS MW
BS ELECTRO MASTERWORKS DMS
BS ELECTRO TOOLKIT VOL 1 DMS
BS ELECTRO TOOLKIT VOL 2 DMS
BS FUNKY ELECTRO & GUITAR DMS
BS FUNKY HOUSE BASS DMS
BS HEAVY BASS LOOPS DMS
BS MASSIVE BASS VOL 1 DMS
BS MASSIVE BASS VOL 2 DMS
BS MASSIVE BASS VOL 3 DMS
BS MINIMAL TOOLKIT VOL 1 DMS
BS PSYTRANCE BASSLINES MECHANIMAL
CUSTOM MIDI
EP DEEP HOUSE PIANO MW
EP EPIC PIANO VOL 1 DMS
EP FILMSCORE PIANO DMS
EP OLD SKOOL PIANOS DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 1 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 2 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 3 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 4 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 5 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 6 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 7 DMS
EXP - ESSENTIAL TRANCE CONSTRUCTION VOL 8 DMS
EXP - TRANCE - LIQUID TRANCE MIDI VOL 1
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 1 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 2 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 3 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 4 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 5 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 6 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 7 DMS
EXP - TRANCE FORMATION LOOPS VOL 8 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 1 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 2 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 3 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 4 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 5 DMS
EXP - TRANCE STATION VOL 6 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 1 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 2 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 3 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 4 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 5 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 6 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 7 DMS
EXP - UPLIFTING TRANCE MIDI VOL 8 DMS
LD BOUNCY HOUSE VOL 1 DMS
LD BOUNCY HOUSE VOL 2 DMS
LD COLOSSAL EDM DROPS MW
LD DEEP TRANCE RIFFS 1 DMS
LD DEEP TRANCE RIFFS 2 DMS
LD FUTURE HOUSE MIDI GROOVES MW
LD HARDSTYLE MIDI 1 NUTTY TRAXX
LD HARDSTYLE MIDI 2 NUTTY TRAXX
LD MASSIVE TRANCE RIFFS 1 DMS
LD MASSIVE TRANCE RIFFS 2 DMS
LD NEXT GEN MIDI DROPS MW
LD PROGRESSIVE PLUCKS VOL 1 DMS
LD PROGRESSIVE PLUCKS VOL 2 DMS
LD PROGRESSIVE PLUCKS VOL 3 DMS
LD TRANCE ANTHEMS VOL 1 DMS
LD TRANCE ANTHEMS VOL 2 DMS
LD TRANCE FORMATION VOL 1 DMS
LD TRANCE FORMATION VOL 2 DMS
LD TRANCE PRODUCTION CLASSICS VOL 1 DMS
LD TRANCE RUSH VOL 3 DMS
LD TRANCE STATION VOL 1 DMS
LD UK HARDCORE MIDI VOL 3 DMS
LD ULTIMATE DANCE RIFFS
PD CHILLOUT CHORDS VOL 1 DMS
PD CHILLOUT CHORDS VOL 2 DMS
PD EDM CLUB CHORDS VOL 3 DMS
PD EDM CLUB CHORDS VOL 4 DMS
PD EDM CLUB CHORDS VOL1 DMS
PD EDM CLUB CHORDS VOL2 DMS
PD EPIC CHORDS VOL 1 DMS
PD EPIC CHORDS VOL 2 DMS
PD EPIC CHORDS VOL 3 DMS
PD EPIC CHORDS VOL 4 DMS
PD EPIC CHORDS VOL 5 DMS
PD PROGRESSIVE PADS VOL 1 DMS
W A PRODUCTION LOOPS
3,473 midi Files

The trial version must have always been bundled with the midi, so even if the direct link wasn't posted here the end user would only have to sign up for free with plugin boutique or WA to get the files.

I wonder why the trial version was ever packed with such a big midi library?
Usually developers tend to strip things back a bit.
Regardless I am sure a lot of places now have that trial archive so even if it gets stripped back the genie is out of the bottle. :)

Hi there,

Always beware of assumptions. The download you received is not a trial version - it is a full, licensable copy of Ascension 1.5.1 that was not intended to be shared.

The 'real' trial version is only 766 MB, and contains a tiny fraction of the files listed above, it is also not possible to license the trial version.

Soundfonts have not been used as a oscillator sample format in Ascension since version 1.0.1 was superceeded by version 1.5 in March 2020.

Hope that clears things up!

Best regards,
Peter @ Ascension

:idea: Need Ascension Synth help? Visit https://www.ascension-vst-synthesizer.c ... ct-support :idea:

Hi Peter, thanks for clearing that up. You are right I have made far too many assumptions.
I saw a link clicked it and bagged a whole load of free midi files which perhaps this time was fortunate. Saved me some bunce.

Out of curiosity were older versions of Ascension ever bundled with all the midi I listed above?
I am sure I remembered downloading a huge demo version (far bigger than 766mb) of Ascension years ago?

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:54 am Hi Peter, thanks for clearing that up. You are right I have made far too many assumptions.
I saw a link clicked it and bagged a whole load of free midi files which perhaps this time was fortunate. Saved me some bunce.

Out of curiosity were older versions of Ascension ever bundled with all the midi I listed above?
I am sure I remembered downloading a huge demo version (far bigger than 766mb) of Ascension years ago?
Indeed, the original version 1 - 1.0.1 demo downloads did indeed come with a large data set, this was discontinued due to large bandwidth costs - and of course the obviously useful freebies!

DMSAdmin wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:04 am Hi there,

Always beware of assumptions. The download you received is not a trial version - it is a full, licensable copy of Ascension 1.5.1 that was not intended to be shared.
Apologies !
Thanks mods !

DJErmac wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:27 pm
No apologies necessary.
I owe you are beer, or any beverage of your choice. :)
As long as you don't ask for a Karuizawa 40 Year Old Cask.

LeVzi wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:47 pm I see an update has been released for this, but I cannot find it anywhere to download, Plugin Boutique (Where I bought it) is still version 1.5

In Plugin Boutique, scroll down where you see v1.0. V1.5 is right under. I downloaded it there two days ago.
I know, weird...
Read what I said 1.5.1 is what I'm looking for not 1.5
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:15 am

I know, weird...
Hey there - if you're looking for the 1.5.1 update please feel free to drop me a support ticket from the Ascension website or direct email (below) along with your Ascension Serial Number, and which OS you require the update for.

Plugin Boutique / W. A Production have not released the update yet as scheduled - the reason for this is unknown!

Best regards,
Peter @ Ascension

I know, weird...
If you had read the following posts you would have seen I had posted a link to this update, which was removed by the mods. You’re replying to something that isn’t relevant anymore.
Yeah, I read too fast, you read too fast.

Yeha I'll email for the update when I get in the UK, unless PB update their site first.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:42 pm
DJErmac wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:27 pm
No apologies necessary.
I owe you are beer, or any beverage of your choice. :)
As long as you don't ask for a Karuizawa 40 Year Old Cask.
Legally, I don't think you should be keeping those Midi files. They are part of a paid product, not part of the trial version.

I know, weird...
1.5.1 is now available to download from PB. You do need to change the version you download with the dropdown menu.

LeVzi wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:04 pm Yeha I'll email for the update when I get in the UK, unless PB update their site first.
Plugin Boutique, W. A. Production and DMS have updated their Ascension versions, please contact their support if you require the full version 1.5.1 update download and cannot find it on your account/ downloads pages.

I'm always happy to supply the "Update Only" download - email me with your serial number and whether you are a PC or Mac user.

Return to “Instruments”