iLok free diatonic pitch shifter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anything like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSy0ZlV ... =NeuralDSP but iLok free and not attached to an amp sim?

Melda MHarmonizerMB or Melda MUnison maybe

It seems verrrry similar in the way it works to Izotope' Nectar's Harmonize section (this is V2);
nectar.jpg
For vocals primarily, but nothing to stop you using it on geetar (I have done before) or indeed anything.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh, and MUnison as above is very good too, if not quite with the same amount of control options.

Yeah nectar was my fav harmonizer before going melda - it also has MIDI input so you can harmonize stuff on the fly (but i think that’s V3)

What's wrong with iLok?
Never had any problem with it...

martinjuenke wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:22 pm What's wrong with iLok?
Indeed.

There seems to be a fair amount of anti-ilok feeling around, but I'm never sure why. Obviously in an ideal world there would be no copy protection, but since there is copy protection I'm not sure why ilok is any worse than Waves or Izotope or whatever. Works fine, doesn't get between me and my recording...

There are certainly enough valid reasos for not wanting to have to deal with iLok...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Eventide Octavox. Don´t remember if its iLok.

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Indeed.

There seems to be a fair amount of anti-ilok feeling around, but I'm never sure why. Obviously in an ideal world there would be no copy protection, but since there is copy protection I'm not sure why ilok is any worse than Waves or Izotope or whatever. Works fine, doesn't get between me and my recording...
Well I just tried to update iLok Licence Manager and it froze my PC, so yeah, that got between ma and my recording. This is not the first time one of their updates has done this, which is why I made a restore point. Just as well. So far PACE have been unable to sort my issue, so yeah, I can understand people's reluctance.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harry_HH wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:39 pm Eventide Octavox. Don´t remember if its iLok.
Soft Ilok

ZargonTheMagnificent wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Indeed.

Well for me personally it’s what is holding back M1 native support for many devs. No response no statement from them, simply silence.

Are any of these suggestions (Melda etc) a replacement for Eventide Quadravox?

Looks like they cover the diatonic pitch shifting side of things (and more...) but not sure about the delay functionality..?

Thanks.

Melda MUnison

Quadravox doesn't do formant shifting anyway

Return to “Effects”