Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Hi
I have sucessfully loaded up Korg version 3 upgrade $99.
All seems to be working perfectly so far.
The weird thing is that my software pass thinks i have not installed the Mini Korg and Triton Extreme.
Also my MDE-X. I have download and not installed showing with the three of them only.
Is there a glip with the Software pass
All the best
John :?

I get the same with the Software Pass ; ARP Odyssey shows as not installed too. Updating Software Pass was also a decidedly miserable experience, but...

I love sound of the 700 ! And the Prophecy is interesting. Sounds good to me and using OSC 1 in VPM mode to modulate OSC 2 makes for an easy way of finding interesting ratios, that are much less obvious on DX or matrix style FM synths. Anyone know of other synths that use that oscillator configuration, btw ?

bungle15 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:25 am The weird thing is that my software pass thinks i have not installed the Mini Korg and Triton Extreme.
Also my MDE-X. I have download and not installed showing with the three of them only.
Is there a glip with the Software pass
All the best
John :?
you helped me, ´cause I´ve wanted to write the same about "MDE-X"
it´s there since the Korg-Pass-Update
and after clicking installing (and then "modify") it´s still there, so I also tried "repair" and the same :?

hI
Yes, it is a think that Korg needs to sort out
You can register successfully , but the pass has an artificial intelligence that decides whether you have installed a synth or not even though you have everything installed correctly
SO MUCH FOR AI lol :hyper:

I had also a devil of a time getting the $99 upgrade to work , when it wanted a coupon code--WHAT!!
I went to My products and copied the code under Version 2 upgrade and pasted that into that little box and it rejected that.
Even went to Usernet and copied upgrade and still it got rejected..
I was scratching my head for over an hour and then realization.
You have to copy the code in one of the decider boxes when puchasing.

Bingo it worked. what a way though to upgrade things .Yes it is simple to do ,but Korg throw you off taking you around a crystal maze :hyper: :dog:

These are some tasty emulations.
Had, and used most of the original hardware for these and was pleasantly surprised by the plugins.
Paid way too much for the hardware....

I love Legacy collection 2…pretty underwhelmed by the demo versions of 3 :(

Any idea what this accursed "Digital" button is supposed to do? It crashes the plugin instantly and takes Logic down with it.

dumbledog wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm Any idea what this accursed "Digital" button is supposed to do? It crashes the plugin instantly and takes Logic down with it.

The cpu usage goes up when I choose the other option (classic or studio) so I'm guessing it's a kind of higher quality option.

dumbledog wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm Any idea what this accursed "Digital" button is supposed to do?
It's in the manual:
h. DAC SETTINGS
Each series of TRITON hardware had their own unique sounds. To
bring you closer to those sounds, we’ve added a DAC (digital/analog
converter) model to this softsynth. This will help you achieve the
unique textures that the hardware offered at that time.
Digital: a natural mode that is equivalent to the digital output
without passing through the DAC.
Classic: a mode that recreates the sonic texture of the DAC that was
used in the original TRITON.
Studio: a mode that recreates the sonic texture of the DAC that was
used in the TRITON Studio.

drewfx wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:31 pm
dumbledog wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm Any idea what this accursed "Digital" button is supposed to do?
It's in the manual:
h. DAC SETTINGS
Do you have a link to that manual? I can't find it in the one I've downloaded.

Haha, I've just checked this digital/classic/studio crash in Reaper. I hope they repair it soon....
This is such an amateur job - they created a new feature in the triton, and that is crashing on win10, in Reaper....
Then I have to run these plugins as 'dedicated process' , in this way they don't kill my asio driver.
Last edited by dune_rave on Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glokraw wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:05 am At one point, they lost track that I had registered an M1 LE from a hardware purchase, then later on, they totally lost my account. I finally sent them screenshots for proof. Sometimes corporate officer nieces and nephews on summer break, are not the best choice for support employees.
I was having a similar issue. After searching through my emails, I found that I had my M1 LE registered on korguser.net years ago. It is using the same email address I use for korg.com, but it's a separate account... I was able to get my upgrade coupon from korguser.net and use it to get Korg Collection 3. So if anybody else is having an issue tracking down their upgrade offer from M1 LE, check korguser.net 🙂

T-CM11 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 pm
drewfx wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:31 pm
It's in the manual:
h. DAC SETTINGS
Do you have a link to that manual? I can't find it in the one I've downloaded.

Korg has one of the most disorganized sites I've ever seen with various manuals strewn in various locations. The Triton Extreme one is (currently) here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... 68/#manual

That page can be linked to from here, but for some reason this page has individual manual links for the other 2 new synths but not the Triton Ex. or the older synths :( :

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/#

Other (older) ones are available here, though some of the links are broken :( :

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/a ... DF-Manuals

Curiously, that same option doesn't crash in Triton Extreme plugin.

drewfx wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:54 pm Korg has one of the most disorganized sites I've ever seen with various manuals strewn in various locations. The Triton Extreme one is (currently) here:

https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... 68/#manual

That page can be linked to from here, but for some reason this page has individual manual links for the other 2 new synths but not the Triton Ex. or the older synths :( :

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/#

Other (older) ones are available here, though some of the links are broken :( :

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/a ... DF-Manuals
Thanks!! I used the link in the UI of the Extreme plugin. It still links to the old Triton manual, so I assumed that there wasn't a newer one...

Return to “Instruments”