Is Groove Agent SE that comes with some versions of Cubase, available for use with other DAWs once installed?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GA SE 5 works well in REAPER but content is missing. Do I have to install Cubase LE in order to get the content?

Yeah. I think, just like Halion Sonic SE, GA SE doesn't come with any content, when you install it with the single installer.

Best do it like this: Install Cubase LE, then install Groove Agent SE with the single installer, and then uninstall Cubase LE. Although the order shouldn't matter, as the content isn't uninstalled when you uninstall Cubase LE.

I think the only way to uninstall the content is through the Steinberg Library Manager anyway.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm GA SE 5 works well in REAPER but content is missing. Do I have to install Cubase LE in order to get the content?
Nevermind, figured it out.

What a great find! I was about to buy a drum program too :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Danilo Villanova on Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:28 pm GA SE 5 works well in REAPER but content is missing. Do I have to install Cubase LE in order to get the content?
The content should be available in Steinberg Download Assistant as a separate download

image_2021-08-01_233946.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah... good find.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It also can act as a sampler. Read the manual ;)

EnGee wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm It also can act as a sampler. Read the manual ;)
For an SE/Lite version of a product, this plugin is really powerful, I'm impressed

Image Image Image Image

ferez21 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:59 pm
EnGee wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:28 pm It also can act as a sampler. Read the manual ;)
For an SE/Lite version of a product, this plugin is really powerful, I'm impressed
I have the Pro and find it super nice gift that we can use it outside Cubase!
I'm waiting for a discount in the full version of GA that has more features and kits :)

Hi all,

I previously had GA SE 4 with my Cubase pro 9. Installed GA SE 5 through the download manager to use with Reaper also. Install was successful but now neither Reaper nor Cubase can open Groove Agent. Reaper doesn't find it at all, Cubase finds it but can't open it. No dll file seems to be installed... Any ideas? Guess I'll reach out to Steinberg support.

Download the install files directly from Steinberg support download page, not through their download manager.
Here, try from here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html

EnGee wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 am Download the install files directly from Steinberg support download page, not through their download manager.
Here, try from here:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads.html
Thanks! I'll try this today :)

EDIT: Didn't work unfortunately. I gave up and downloaded the whole 11GB installation files for Cubase pro 9.5 again and installed GA SE4 from there. At least now my Cubase projects will be back to normal. Guess it's time to buy a decent drum VST, but this whole ordeal has made me wary of the full version of Groove Agent...

Thanks to everyone in this topic, especially to ferez21 for creating it in the first place. I had already tried what was mentioned here and still couldn't see Groove Agent 5 SE in
FL Studio. So, today I reinstalled and pointed the plugin path separately in FL Studio -> Manage Plugins and scanned again. Groove Agent 5 SE is finally working in FL Studio. :)

Strange that it doesn't work for some people. Was dead easy here, download the Groove Agent SE installer in the Steinberg Download Assistant, install, stick in the dongle to authorize Groove Agent SE (or use soft eLicenser, of course), let your DAW scan for new plugins, done. It's beyond me why that doesn't work for some of you. Unless you don't own a Cubase license. Then Groove Agent SE won't authorize, of course, as it it's not freeware.

Why strange ? TheFrozenSea has a licence for Version 4 and downloaded Version 5 and that didn't work, as expected....

Return to “Instruments”