Das Mädchen & Der Minnesänger — Medieval/Folk Fantasy Music

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was inspired by both Blackmore's Night and the "Kingdom Dance" piece from Tangled and I think I've come up with something that is sort of between the two styles.

This one has some live performances from myself too. Hope you like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt6r73BuhWU

Beautiful song and ambiance. Well done orchestration and arrangement. Sounds good.

Chr!s,
Thank you for checking out my music! Are you from Germany, or where are you from? Now your song: drums/percussion (perhaps African?) are nice, if a bit loud. Perhaps this could be considered world music? In some ways it reminds me of Irish folk music from long ago. Strings and human chorus sound American/European to me. Then there is electric bass. I like it. Might work best in a movie.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

nice and chill (further on german cause it's easier...sry dudes)

das bild erinnert beim ersten betrachten irgendwie mehr an roy black / alpenmusik, als das was dann tatsächlich passiert. klingt alles schön weich und rund/homogen.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

markkuja wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:51 am Beautiful song and ambiance. Well done orchestration and arrangement. Sounds good.
Thanks, man.
aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:21 am Chr!s,
Thank you for checking out my music! Are you from Germany, or where are you from? Now your song: drums/percussion (perhaps African?) are nice, if a bit loud. Perhaps this could be considered world music? In some ways it reminds me of Irish folk music from long ago. Strings and human chorus sound American/European to me. Then there is electric bass. I like it. Might work best in a movie.
Leider wurde ich in Kanada geboren. :neutral:

The rest of my family is from Germany, though.

The drums are a mix of frame drums, hand drums and a big bass drum sample. Live shakers, etc.
tomtom1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:01 am nice and chill (further on german cause it's easier...sry dudes)

das bild erinnert beim ersten betrachten irgendwie mehr an roy black / alpenmusik, als das was dann tatsächlich passiert. klingt alles schön weich und rund/homogen.
Vielen Dank!

Das bild war das beste was ich erstellen konnte. Ich bin kein Künstler... :?

One day I should try making a schlager music track. It would be hilarious. I could be like Hansi Hinterseer or something.

and yeah, the drums may be a smidge loud

Chr!s wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:59 am Das bild war das beste was ich erstellen konnte. Ich bin kein Künstler... :?

One day I should try making a schlager music track. It would be hilarious. I could be like Hansi Hinterseer or something.
the picture is good enough - i was jsut expecting something else ;) - the need of a video was the reason i moved to soundcloud... was just too lazy to render a video, even if there is only one picture in it.

if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl :party:
myself in 2022

Lovely gently driving opening rhythmic groove.

Enjoyed the main melodies but just wanted to tweak a note here and there...then again, I do in just about everything I listen to! :)

Lovely changes in texture - very effective.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:13 pm Lovely gently driving opening rhythmic groove.

Enjoyed the main melodies but just wanted to tweak a note here and there...then again, I do in just about everything I listen to! :)

Hey, thanks a lot, Chameleon.

Which notes did you want to tweak?

Chr!s wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:13 pm Lovely gently driving opening rhythmic groove.

Just referring back to my own composing routines...I tend to write draft melodies very quickly and they're often a little bit too complex and intricate...so I spend a lot of time simplifying them and reducing the amount of notes. I find this has a number of positive effects, but two in particular:

1) leaves more 'space' in the melodic flow...more time for the music to 'breathe'.

2) Gives you more rhythmic options in terms of drive, accents, syncopation etc.

In short, I was tempted to take out notes here and there as I played along with your music, but....

It's just opinion...others will say differently and their view is just as valid! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

HaHa - lets gather to do some stone age blues. Waiting for your upcoming Schlager..

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:05 pm
Chr!s wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:47 pm

Just referring back to my own composing routines...I tend to write draft melodies very quickly and they're often a little bit too complex and intricate...so I spend a lot of time simplifying them and reducing the amount of notes. I find this has a number of positive effects, but two in particular:

1) leaves more 'space' in the melodic flow...more time for the music to 'breathe'.

2) Gives you more rhythmic options in terms of drive, accents, syncopation etc.

In short, I was tempted to take out notes here and there as I played along with your music, but....

It's just opinion...others will say differently and their view is just as valid! :)
Yeah, that all makes sense. I get what you mean.

Sorry, diese deutsche Kacke dampft zum Himmel. Mittelalter und Friedrich der Große - für Hugo.

htcnext2 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:56 am Sorry, diese deutsche Kacke dampft zum Himmel.
tolle Kritik :roll:
tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl
I'll try, but that could be difficult to find.

tomtom1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm if you make a schlager song... then please with some serious yodelers in it. dje-ho-ri-ridl
chr!s wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:23 pm I'll try, but that could be difficult to find.
:D wasn't meant serious... but tbh... it would be funny and hilarious!
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”