Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

T-CM11 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 pm
drewfx wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:31 pm
dumbledog wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:33 pm Any idea what this accursed "Digital" button is supposed to do?
It's in the manual:
h. DAC SETTINGS
Each series of TRITON hardware had their own unique sounds. To
bring you closer to those sounds, we’ve added a DAC (digital/analog
converter) model to this softsynth. This will help you achieve the
unique textures that the hardware offered at that time.
Digital: a natural mode that is equivalent to the digital output
without passing through the DAC.
Classic: a mode that recreates the sonic texture of the DAC that was
used in the original TRITON.
Studio: a mode that recreates the sonic texture of the DAC that was
used in the TRITON Studio.
Do you have a link to that manual? I can't find it in the one I've downloaded.
In most of the Korg products, the manual is usually found where the "Settings" and other options are, on the "Menu" pull-down. For the Triton (and a few other synths), Korg included the original hardware manual, along with the manual for the plug-in, which is kinda cool.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I finally got to demo Prophecy and I have to say I'm very unimpressed.

The sound is weak. Indeed for a "lead" synth it's laughable. None of the presets inspired me at all. Then I tried programming my own sounds and it kept crashing, notably when assigning mod sources on the 'Arp' page.

The other two don't interest me in the least but I was curious about the Prophecy. However, it seems like Korg have rushed this out without proper beta testing.

Definitely no sale here.

I'm also experiencing problems assigning mods. If I click on one of the small mod boxes with a green 'M' and then choose a mod source, the whole box turns green and becomes unclickable. If I restart the Gui, the box appears normal, but any assignments I made are not registered. The manual isn't very helpful. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I'm using Ableton 11.

Andywanders wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:08 am I finally got to demo Prophecy and I have to say I'm very unimpressed.

The sound is weak. Indeed for a "lead" synth it's laughable.
the output is very quiet compared to most other synths i own. even when i crank up every gain i can find.

Zipede wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 am I'm also experiencing problems assigning mods. If I click on one of the small mod boxes with a green 'M' and then choose a mod source, the whole box turns green and becomes unclickable. If I restart the Gui, the box appears normal, but any assignments I made are not registered. The manual isn't very helpful. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I'm using Ableton 11.
someone mentioned that earlier in this thread. i'm not sure if it got reported to korg.

JamminFool wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:37 am
Zipede wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:14 am I'm also experiencing problems assigning mods. If I click on one of the small mod boxes with a green 'M' and then choose a mod source, the whole box turns green and becomes unclickable. If I restart the Gui, the box appears normal, but any assignments I made are not registered. The manual isn't very helpful. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I'm using Ableton 11.
someone mentioned that earlier in this thread. i'm not sure if it got reported to korg.
Thanks, the mod assign is working correctly on the arp screen, but not on the synth or FX. I have reported it to Korg.

Edit: Unlike most other online proceedures with Korg, it's actually easy to report bugs here:
https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

My upgrade price is $149.I have the corgi collection before the triton came out

Somehow I kinda like the polysix? Is that as old as the ms-20 emulation?

bill45 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:01 pmMy upgrade price is $149.I have the corgi collection
It's a pretty good discount if you have all three:

It's a bug (doesn't happen in the standalone version ) , we're waiting for someone to actually report it to korg :lol:

Edit: looks like you reported it :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

It's a weirdly fickle bug. I could reproduce it yesterday, but not at all today. :?

ELEX wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:06 pm It's a weirdly fickle bug. I could reproduce it yesterday, but not at all today. :?
the same with the Preset-Browser-bug in Prophecy-Demo : the one 20minutes it works fine with skipping via +/- button in right order, the other time it steps through different areas instead of order :?
(yes, you´re right, I´m German, so my writing isn´t good)

andypryce wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 pm Yamaha owns Korg
Yamaha owns Steinberg.
Yet no VST3 versions and problems in Cubase :)
Besides that, wouldn't it be cool if Steinberg had some of Korg vsts bundled with Cubase Pro?
I thought the same about Yamaha owns both, especially when I look at the Steinberg-site of HALion6 (wanted to compare if I really need Triton/TritonExt)
https://new.steinberg.net/de/vst-instruments/halion/

there you see: HALion on the screen, a Steinberg CC121, pair of Yamaha-monitors and yes, you´re right: the ARPOdyssey from KORG :clown:

The MiniKorg has a lot of character.
Finally Korg is getting around to the idea if they don't exploit their legacy someone else will.

How many license installs does KORG allow? Also, I read somewhere that KORG doesn't allow resell of their plugins is this true? Thanks

Return to “Instruments”