One Synth Challenge #150: TAL-NoiseMaker (Aiynzahev wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... ge-150-tal

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #150! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

If there's a bug or issue, check this out.

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

"TAL-NoiseMaker is a virtual analog synthesizer with a great sound and low CPU usage." It is simple to use but extremely powerful, and comes with a ton of filters!

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

Woo! In celebration of round 150, Noisemaker is a good pick! Have fun everyone :D
I thought it might be either Noisemaker, Surge or any synth. But I guess Surge is waiting for Surge XT

"For Fun!"

This my entry for KVR's one-synth challenge using Tal Noisemaker.

Been waiting for this one!

This is probably the most fun I've ever had playing with a free synth!

24 instances of Tal's Noisemaker in Logic DAW

Effects all Logic: Limiter (2), Channel EQ (2)

https://soundcloud.com/user-506331101/for-fun

:o Fastest entry ever ?

Anyway, I fully agree on this being a fun synth. One of the very best ! It's just amazing that it's free. :)

Sigh I have so much to do this month :(. Hope to try to get in on this though. It'd be some great stress relief.

I have some questions to Noisemaker:

First, I get no function with the KEY knob. This does change nothing to the filter. Even the old version v4.2.2. of Noisemaker has no function on the key knob. Is this working by anyone of you?

Is there no way to use the modulation wheel, like for vibrato? I only can assign it with the midi learn function to the anmount of LFO, which is not very satisfying or usable.

No sustain pedal? Ouch..
Is the old version also allowed? It would run under Win32 :-)
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

ah yes. good ol' noise maker.
time to flex.

jasinski wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:07 pm ah yes. good ol' noise maker.
time to flex.
noooooooooooooo :scared:

oh i just meant.. i've been working out.. and just want to, uh.. take an instagram photo or something.

photonic wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:45 pm I have some questions to Noisemaker:

First, I get no function with the KEY knob. This does change nothing to the filter. Even the old version v4.2.2. of Noisemaker has no function on the key knob. Is this working by anyone of you?

Is there no way to use the modulation wheel, like for vibrato? I only can assign it with the midi learn function to the anmount of LFO, which is not very satisfying or usable.

No sustain pedal? Ouch..
Is the old version also allowed? It would run under Win32 :-)
Quick check shows that the KEY knob works here. It's was obvious with resonance at maximum. Not obvious at all with resonance turned down, though. Maybe it does not track 100% ? The resonance peak certainly doesn't. I get the same with the old version, though. And no wheel mod at all, so it would seem. Now we know why it's is free. That and the lack of pitchbend smoothing. :wink:

I might give this one a try. I was a little too intimidated by last months synth, but everyone seems to be talking about how fun this one is. I might be able to get into a good flow.

Ohhh noisemaker, I like TAL so I might try to enter this one. The last one I tried to enter the song bogged my computer down so much I couldn't finish it, but I've upgraded my system and I'm now ready for anything.

ELEX wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:06 pm ...That and the lack of pitchbend smoothing. :wink:
Only half true...it was PITCH W to CUT causing rough results.

I was thinking about doing a drum centered tune this month, but I'm having a lot of difficulty imagining drum beats. I can come up with a couple of bars, but then I don't know where to go from there and I get bored with the repetitiveness. I can imagine melodies no problem, but for some reason I struggle with drums. I'll probably have a listen to some past OSCs and maybe try transcribing some beats. But any suggestions are welcome.

Return to “Instruments”