Arturia Jup-8 V4 "vintage factory" presets - corresponding original storage position?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently I found out the factory presets of the new arturia jupiter-8 plugin are stored under the "vintage factory" tag. My problem is: Nowhere the original jupiter bank position is evident. For recall of a few patches on the original hardware, I'd like to know where the sounds were originally stored. By patch comparison to arturia V3 (where the naming for the factory presets is evident) the corresponding patches are hard to find out. Maybe some disguising effects on the new, or just to different sounding - which probably is a good thing showing the new one's quality - but I really don't know for sure cause I haven't owned one. In near feature I'll get the chance to play one. So I'd love to compare the sound of the presets I like to the corresponding originals. Is there someone out who has made/found a listing of the new arturia-named presets in contrast to the original factory patch bank position?

That would be really very helpful... Many thanks in advance!

agreed

when I did my searching about this topic, I ran across someone on the ARTURIA forum that created a proper factory preset set for free download, but I haven't done it yet

Sounds interesting... Have you tried it now? Could you please post the link?

I read in an older thread where Waltercruz (and FMR) did that for version 3, but they don't load into v4:
viewtopic.php?t=517966

spike_z wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:16 pm Sounds interesting... Have you tried it now? Could you please post the link?
didnt do it. i cant remember if it was for 3 or 4. i'll try to find it again

meh, twas a 10 year old post.
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=4312.15

the post above this has a newer thing.
ima just resave all the ones I come across changing the "author" to FACTORY for easier sorting

How close are the factory presets for v4?
Are they actually the original presets, or are they recreated/tweaked?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

When I was copying the Factory presets from Arturia to TAL J-8 I got really annoyed that they were not in the original order and created a playlist. I've attached the zip here, you can import the playlist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by waltercruz on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks! :)

jamcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:20 pm How close are the factory presets for v4?
Very close to the factory - I listened and compared it a lot to good videos and recordings that I could find on youtube. I used them as basis for copying these patches to TAL J-8 as the factory sheets pdf are a bad scan...
jamcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:20 pm Are they actually the original presets, or are they recreated/tweaked?
Honestly, I don't know, but there's some hints that they were recreated from the factory sheets: there's at least one of the patches where they used some non-original/extended modulations (Echo) and in Mellow Rhodes patch the 2nd oscillator should my a minor 7th but it's configured for two octaves (although it doesn't alter the sound that much - it's more the 'tine' of the Rhodes sound.

Thanks Walter!

How would you compare the accuracy of V4 to V3 when it comes to reproducing the factory presets?

I can make my v3 and v4 sound really close - maybe not perfect (I never need perfect) but definitely not "Not even close" :D

probably been posted before, but here's the real Jupiter 8 for comparing, that may or may not sound like a real Jupiter 8 depending on recording

http://www.synthmania.com/jupiter-8.htm

jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:41 am Thanks Walter!

How would you compare the accuracy of V4 to V3 when it comes to reproducing the factory presets?
Well, V4 has the factory patches already done from default install :) There's a thread with factory patches for V3 that was posted here, and most of them sounds good.

V3 is not THAT bad, but is not quite there too. There's something strange about the envelopes on V3. Some patches I never managed to do them right (Echo Piano), but maybe the mistake was on me. V4 has mono retrigger on solo mode for ENV1, V3 don't.

V4 sounds and behaves more similar on what I expect from a Jupiter 8.

waltercruz wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:48 am
jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:41 am Thanks Walter!

Well, V4 has the factory patches already done from default install :) There's a thread with factory patches for V3 that was posted here, and most of them sounds good.

V3 is not THAT bad, but is not quite there too. There's something strange about the envelopes on V3. Some patches I never managed to do them right (Echo Piano), but maybe the mistake was on me. V4 has mono retrigger on solo mode for ENV1, V3 don't.

V4 sounds and behaves more similar on what I expect from a Jupiter 8.
Yeah, I downloaded your V3 factory patches before. That’s why I asked you, because you probably have better insight on that than anyone.

Return to “Instruments”