Departure from the Heartlands (ElectroProg - Seismic Sorrow)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hezekiel wrote:You have managed to do a great ambient style song and it kept me interested through the whole song. Well done!
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, Hezekiel. Glad you liked it :)

The next track has some "ambient" bits, but is another animal entirely :wink:

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe

Great tune as always!

Bubbamusic wrote:Wow! I lost consciousness for a while. I haven't had a drink or a drug since May 26, 1993. Thank you.
I hope this is a good thing. I've lost consciousness quite a few times during late night mixing sessions and these incidents weren't chemically induced either :)

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Bubba. I hope you enjoyed it.

Mysterious and beautiful, it created some strange pictures in my mind. Thanks for sharing this, it was really interesting to listen to!
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

PatchAdamz wrote:I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand-
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Edgar Allan Poe

Great tune as always!
Thanks very much for the listen and the poetry, Patch. Glad you liked it :)

Passage of time. I'm always aware that it's happening, but powerless to do anything about it. One of the great sadnesses of life.

Freeze this moment a little bit longer
Make each sensation a little bit stronger

Neal Peart

recursive one wrote:Mysterious and beautiful, it created some strange pictures in my mind. Thanks for sharing this, it was really interesting to listen to!
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, recursive one. Glad you liked it :)

I can live with all four of those adjectives :D

seismic1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm The Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 5 has just been released. Here is my contribution to the album. This track was put together over 10-12 hours during spare moments in September The original version of this featured a Paulstretched vocal recorded in a temple in Thailand, but to avoid falling foul of any copyright restrictions I replaced them with a string drone built in Audacity from a Z3ta+2 patch using Paulstretch.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/depa ... heartlands

The full album may be found here:-

http://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/album ... n-volume-5

At $9.99 this represents excellent value, featuring 108 tracks, provided by the members of AmbientOnline, and clocking in at almost 18 hours!

Devices and Diversions

RedTron<<<<<I knew it!!

https://youtu.be/tdGlqUJy7YE

like this one - excellent sound for the pads, I suppose that is the mellotron I like, but all of the sounds blend quite beautifully and suit the chord progression really well. Sort of sad but uplifting

KENFLO wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 am
seismic1 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm The Ambient Online Compilation: Volume 5 has just been released. Here is my contribution to the album. This track was put together over 10-12 hours during spare moments in September The original version of this featured a Paulstretched vocal recorded in a temple in Thailand, but to avoid falling foul of any copyright restrictions I replaced them with a string drone built in Audacity from a Z3ta+2 patch using Paulstretch.

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/depa ... heartlands

The full album may be found here:-

http://ambientonline.bandcamp.com/album ... n-volume-5

At $9.99 this represents excellent value, featuring 108 tracks, provided by the members of AmbientOnline, and clocking in at almost 18 hours!

Devices and Diversions

RedTron<<<<<I knew it!!

https://youtu.be/tdGlqUJy7YE
I'm scratching my head a little here, but I think the flute was from RedTron.

I've watched the full video twice, and now I'm starting to formulate a response. It may take a while, but I'll talk to you again soonish.

Thanks very much for listening, and for the extensive comments, KENFLO. Glad you liked this :tu:

Nice. I really like the buzzy low end that comes in now and again.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:13 am like this one - excellent sound for the pads, I suppose that is the mellotron I like, but all of the sounds blend quite beautifully and suit the chord progression really well. Sort of sad but uplifting
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, fairlyclose. Glad you liked it :)

The "mellotron" on here is just performing the flute duties. The "string" pad on this was put together in Audacity by PaulStretching a Z3ta+2 arp.

seismic1 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:24 pm The "string" pad on this was put together in Audacity by PaulStretching a Z3ta+2 arp.
great use for paulstretch - works beautifully

Departure from the heartlands
Enjoyable ambient music. Pleasant sounscape with relaxing ambiance. I liked the nice arpeggios and tranquil melody lines.

eassae wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:42 pm Nice. I really like the buzzy low end that comes in now and again.
Thanks very much for taking a listen to this, and for commenting, eassae. Glad you liked it :)

The bass synth on here was made with a couple of instances of Z3ta+2.

I like the collage of sound your able to produce, at times it seems almost like each note is a different instrument. It's not what I usually listen to but I can appreciate it. I find the chord transition at about 1:02 very cathartic. The overall mix and production quality is excellent too. I also really dig the plucks at 3:09-3:11, it sounds like they're synced up or you're using FM with resonance to make them sound almost like bells or something metallic.

Return to “Music Cafe”