Pretty unlikely place to find such an article :scared:

https://www.popsci.com/reviews/best-daw/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

“While it started PC-only, Pro Tools is now cross-platform.”

Very scientifical. 🧐
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Not bad list, needs Cubase as cinematic composing staple and he needs Linux enthusiast one like Ardour or LMMS, maybe Cakewalk Bandlab would fit more with starving artists and Reaper for more nerdy ones.

Did he tried Bitwig?

Shut up you!
Last edited by Passing Bye on Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pretty good article
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Passing Bye wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:12 pm Did he tried Bitwig?
Obviously not :hihi:

'Popular Science' are two words that still go together?
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Was it peer reviewed? :shrug:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Kongru wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:16 pm Pretty good article
Agreed. For such a wacky topic, I surprisingly found myself reading it up to the end (with very few eye-rolls even).

Bitwig hung out to dry
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

They could have added more stereotypes & their DAWs: Bitwig for tweakers, Cubase for orchestral, MuLab for DIY, Harrison for hardware nostalgic,
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

jamcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:30 pm “While it started PC-only, Pro Tools is now cross-platform.”

Very scientifical. 🧐
Yep, that and the fact he led with platform being your first concern. :dog:
I've used macs forever, but it's never been my first concern, if a DAW did everything I wanted it to and was PC only, I really don't care that much about platform where it would influence my choice.

Mostly I would just love an article comparing DAWs that did more than the top 6 and compared features, not archetypical users as a reason X DAW is good for polka.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:36 am
jamcat wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:30 pm “While it started PC-only, Pro Tools is now cross-platform.”

Very scientifical. 🧐
Yep, that and the fact he led with platform being your first concern. :dog:
I've used macs forever, but it's never been my first concern, if a DAW did everything I wanted it to and was PC only, I really don't care that much about platform where it would influence my choice.

Mostly I would just love an article comparing DAWs that did more than the top 6 and compared features, not archetypical users as a reason X DAW is good for polka.
And then there’s the fact that Pro Tools was Mac-only for the first decade of its life.

A big part of the scientific process is getting the basic facts right. :lol:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

how is that science? he didn't use a bunsen burner!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”