Voxengo Colour Schemes Repository..

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

here's another i made recently, looks best on CRTIV/New Knob plugs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ploki wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:40 pm here's another i made recently, looks best on CRTIV/New Knob plugs

Looks classy! :tu:

Cheers
Marcel

So I'm currently working on a couple of new schemes and noticed that Elephant's In/Tresh, G/R and out/in Meter is missing the (bevel/emboss) shadow around the display...the Graphs display still has it though. Version 4.14 VST2 x64

Anyone else has this? I know I have some bug on this win7 machine that came with an crappy win update that makes some of the TDR plugins main menu buttons to not display the text...however I have yet found which one library that it is and which updates fixes it... anyway, I hope it's unreleated. No other voxengo plugins miss that shadow as far as I can tell...

hm, not sure i know what you mean?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:36 pm hm, not sure i know what you mean?
On the Graphs theres at least a black line that seperates it, but you can see the difference when comparing to Polysquasher to the right.
Elephant414BevelShadows.png

hm... weird, I loaded another scheme and now I got that border back, although not as wide as that one in polysquasher in my screenshot... problem is that both plugins have the same color preset loaded.... I have to investigate further, something weird is going on....

Something is up, I loaded the default BEIGE colorscheme and theres a clear difference.
To the left is Polysquasher, this is the way all my other plugins looks like and have been looking like, to the right is Elephant...
Elephant414BevelBeigeDEF.png
If this is a not a bug but a change that will in be updated in all other plugins from now on then I don't approve at all....not at all.

So I just updated TEOTE to the last version and it looks like Elephant, so assume this is the way it will be from now on.

I don't like it, it seems to reduce the possible color variations that can be done while at the same time have a somewhat defined contrast border around the meters.

Example below shows Elephant, TEOTE and Polysquasher. TOETE is the one that shows how it looks if I'll try to "convert" my color scheme in order to get a black outline around the meter. (I forgot to add arrows to the white line, but it's easy to see under L / R on TEOTE's meter)
VXNGBEVEL000.png
Only way I could get more define borders was by increasing the contrast on "window base but the problem is that it will increase the highlight borders as well so I end up with a butt ugly white contrast line as well. This change, unless I miss any other workaround, seriously limits the options of variations to create.

I say it again, I don't like it... I like sections to have clear define contours, easy for the eye to define and seperate from other elements in order to navigate with ease.

I see!
Can't say the new less obvious look bothers me but i can see why you'd like the old one

Ploki wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:15 pm I see!
Can't say the new less obvious look bothers me but i can see why you'd like the old one
Well, it bothers me AF, I have developed a really low tolerance for flat powerpoint clip art style GUI's the last 10 years or so anything in that direction that triggers me real good... :hihi:

If there was one change to be made to the old one it was to make the inside corners of the meters rounded as the outside, which happens to be the case now...but (hey Aleksey), has it have to be either or? or is it a bug?

Weridly enuff there seem to be some AlphaLayer releation between the Window Base parameter and the one above it... one of my other schemes had the "right" combination to still be able to display a black border (though thinner than before) and it's not that different, but it has a light background instead of the dark grey I have on this.

Again, I like that the corners are now rounded on the inside but not on the expense of the black outline...it looks sloppy and inconsistent with the knobs who has an nice looking outline... if one should improve then a equally black line should be done on the meters followed by the shadow bevel&emboss on the outside.

Anyway, lost the whoole groove now...time will tell if I feel like continue the schemes...or not.

He could probably add the border opacity next to “disabled knobs” and other special modifiers. have you contacted him via support page?

Ploki wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:58 am He could probably add the border opacity next to “disabled knobs” and other special modifiers. have you contacted him via support page?
No I have not, yet. Perhaps he will read this thread before I get to this on my procrastination list.

Hi forum
This is my color theme for span.

TEOTE-NeonSunsetbyMogwaiBoy.PNG

Peakbuster-GardenShedbyMogwaiBoy.PNG

Return to “Effects”