Brainworx bx_console AMEK 9099

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jasonekratz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:09 pm Then not sure you got the gist. That wasn't his conclusion at all.
Is that you Durk ?
More BPM please

escalona wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:15 pm
jasonekratz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:49 pm
escalona wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:24 pm
DCrown wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:19 pm I ve immediately unsubscribed Warren Huart's channel, he was the one who started hyping this plugin. I won't believe him a word any more, he is a paid hyper!
Him, and Dave Pensado, and Michael Brauer, and Michael White, and Reid Stefan, and Pete Thorn, and Venus Theory, and the MixBusTV guy, and the HomeRecordingMadeEasy guy, and the SpectreSoundStudios screaming guy, and the mixorcists guys... and so many other... they want to make some money, who doesnt.

You can still learn something here and there from them, but you need to keep in mind: they're there to sell you X product. If I was spending hours making videos I would like to make some money out of them as well. Paul Third is, for the moment, unbiased, just because he hasn't been "touched" by the big developers yet. It's a matter of time though, I'm sure.
You're saying Michael White is a shill? Have never heard him say anything about a video being sponsored by anyone nor does he seem to be trying to sell something from any of these vendors.
Two things:
1. Where did you read the word "shill"? It seems like lately you're putting words in everyone else's mouths. Not once I used "shill" and not once I criticized that those guys are being sponsored. I'm only saying they are selling you a product. Just like Dcrown mentioned: they are influencers, they're there to influence. You can get great info about cars from your Honda dealer... and yet that info will be biased because they're your Honda dealer and they want to sell you a Honda. I neither stated this is positive or negative. I only said to keep an eye on the bias.
2. You're right that no where is stated that his videos are sponsored. This is just my personal take gathered from watching them and seeing as though his conclusion is always exactly the same. Do this experiment: pick 10 plugin of the week reviews and play only the last 10 seconds and tell me what you hear.
Your whole post said shill without using the word man.
Him, and Dave Pensado, and Michael Brauer, and Michael White, and Reid Stefan, and Pete Thorn, and Venus Theory, and the MixBusTV guy, and the HomeRecordingMadeEasy guy, and the SpectreSoundStudios screaming guy, and the mixorcists guys... and so many other... they want to make some money, who doesnt.

You can still learn something here and there from them, but you need to keep in mind: they're there to sell you X product. If I was spending hours making videos I would like to make some money out of them as well. Paul Third is, for the moment, unbiased, just because he hasn't been "touched" by the big developers yet. It's a matter of time though, I'm sure.

shill: "a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest."

I mentioned Michael White specifically for a reason because you threw his name in there with a bunch of others, some of who I know do sponsorships, etc. White is pretty impartial. He also isn't doing reviews and promos for any of these companies (unless I missed something which is possible) unlike Brauer, Pensado, or many others. So when you say he "wants to make some money, who doesnt." thats a good definition of shilling because he's not saying upfront hey this is a review I did for <whoever> and then pretending to be impartial.

My personal take on his conclusions is he's only reviewing the stuff he likes. Thats the only bias I see. Makes a lot more sense than he's shilling for multiple companies at the same time. Looking at the list for Plugin of the Week that would be Pulsar, PA, Arturia, Softube, Sonible, Waves, UA, Fuse Audio Labs, FabFilter, and on and on. And to note: in his video for the Lindell 50 from PA he specifically says in the last 30 seconds he doesn't do videos for stuff he doesn't like (you did say to listen to pick 10 and listen to the end).

The guy doesn't even have any ads in his videos for monetization purposes. He appears to simply be doing something he enjoys and is good for the community.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:30 pm
jasonekratz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:09 pm Then not sure you got the gist. That wasn't his conclusion at all.
Is that you Durk ?
If I were Dirk and making the money he seems to be making I wouldn't be hanging around here thats for sure.

jasonekratz wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:25 pm
If I were Dirk and making the money he seems to be making I wouldn't be hanging around here thats for sure.
ikr?
but he does for some reason.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:30 pm
Is that you Durk ?
I totally bet he's browsing these pages anonymously all the time... :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Doubt DW will be getting the pre release PA shit anymore. I'd pay for him to review the new gimmick in town. So brutally straight.

Ploki wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:28 pm
ikr?
but he does for some reason.
You're both hanging out here too. For free.

Why wouldn't he also?

If you can sift through the the crud theres some fun an informative discussion on lots music technology.

_leras wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:40 pm You're both hanging out here too. For free.

Why wouldn't he also?

If you can sift through the the crud theres some fun an informative discussion on lots music technology.
you're late to the party :hug:

he wouldn't because he can't handle that without throwing a fit :party:

It's out at the affordable release price of $349 (+VAT), down from regular $449

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _9099.html

:roll: :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:09 am It's out at the affordable release price of $349 (+VAT), down from regular $449

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... _9099.html

:roll: :dog:
Only $299 with a the intro voucher, I'll take two! :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

$249 if you own any of the other channel strip plugins, or either of the two other Amek plugins.

(Minus whatever loyalty voucher you may also have too.)

So for those folks who absolutely must buy on day 1 - knock yourself out! ;)

6 different prices on launch, and all overpriced. This marketing strategy is becoming a parody of itself

Right on cue...

Pleasure to have been of service

Please PA listen to technical critics. Some people made them in order to improve products they own . I am one of them.

I like this channel strip.
I think it is way overpriced and do not like the PA marketing. I wish you change. Look what TDR or Fabfilter are doing .
Please add oversampling option.
Please decramp the top Bell.
Please adjust the frequency UI point of the sheen and glow to make it continuisly consistent between switches.
Please fix the 0.5 dB lift under the mono frequency point.

With those issues adressed, I would be a lot more satisfied and would use it better on more sources.

To KVR users :
Please stop flooding forums with ad hominem discussions. Let people talk about the product itself.

Cheers !

Return to “Effects”