Your favourite guitar stands?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found some to me new brands that I will shift to all over.
I like floor stands that does not inflict on neck forces at all.

For electric guitar I like Stagg
https://staggmusic.com/en/products/view ... ss-guitar/

Low pivot point that feels sturdy and will not go anywhere, just leave guitar without any extra checkup if to fall over.
And hooks are not too deep so it inflict on knobs and stuff on guitar.

Will replace my Q-EX ones, which are sturdy but knobs usually conflict with hook. Wide hook for acoustic is rather ok, but not like GEWA below.

For acoustic GEWA is favourite
https://gewaguitars.com/product/16543/g ... style.html

but only acoustic one. Hook is way too far from floor on electric ones so will fall over too easy. Don't get why hook is so high up.

Been using Q-EX which was common in local stores long ago, but will switch over as above. Bought some other brand crap stuff from amazon at some time that is neither sturdy to just put guitar in and leave it. And those combined for solidbodies and acoustic just don't work well IMO.

I only use Hercules stands. which include the Hercules GS414B Plus guitar stand, Hercules HA206 neck cradle and the Hercules FS100B footrest.
I just find them rock solid and reliable.

I've always been a bit scared to use ones where guitar hangs in it's own weight like that, but most music stores use it, so maybe I am overly anxious on this.

Floorstands have zero influence on neck.

Thanks for input though.

I have an Hercules rotating stand that hold eight guitars in two tiers. I think I bought it new from a school supply business rather than a music shop.
I bought a three level keyboard stand (QuickLok) from the same shop about a month ago...Just about double the price for the same item at my nearest music store.
It pays to shop around and think a little bit laterally.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Thanks.
I bought a Taylor guitar that was hung on a wall for 5 years in the shop, and was a good price on it.

But looking closely at it, neck joint separated just a little bit from body enough that finish was broken - it was white strikes or how to describe it. It was sent to Taylor for over a month to fix it. No problem it was new. It needed both neck reset and fix of finish.

So still make me think that no weight on neck what so ever is the best. A bit scared of those hooks.

Just basic stands, a couple with neck supports, a couple just things on the floor that balance the guitar.
My fave ones are the ones that don't fall over or mark a nitro finish. My wife took an old pair of my jeans and cut and sewed bits to put on the two standups. The rubber was in that gross, flaky condition, and not good for nitro in any case, so now they're fitted with denim from the pants that I wore when I flew over here, 17 years ago.
And I've gotten into the habit of putting my gits away as my cheaper models have been let go of. No leaving guitars on stands overnight.
I knew someone who liked to hang his $4500 Taylor on the wall. Uh-uh. Nope. Shouldnaehadone it! Even if they're secure, there's humidity and dust.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

My favourite is one that doesn't trip over because a cable got entangled.

I had (well, still have because I suck at throwing things away) two simple stands for a single guitar, but when I wanted to have three guitars ready for grabs I bought two racks that can hold 5 guitars each - in theory. In practice I put three in each, acoustics & electrics.

Also bought some forks to hang them with their neck on the wall like in shops, but never got around mounting them. Probably never will...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

I think those are reasonably good, not to say real good.
Whole weight of guitar is not resting anywhere and neck is sideways.
Thanks for tip.

Bombadil wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:19 pm Just basic stands, a couple with neck supports, a couple just things on the floor that balance the guitar.
My fave ones are the ones that don't fall over or mark a nitro finish. My wife took an old pair of my jeans and cut and sewed bits to put on the two standups. The rubber was in that gross, flaky condition, and not good for nitro in any case, so now they're fitted with denim from the pants that I wore when I flew over here, 17 years ago.
And I've gotten into the habit of putting my gits away as my cheaper models have been let go of. No leaving guitars on stands overnight.
I knew someone who liked to hang his $4500 Taylor on the wall. Uh-uh. Nope. Shouldnaehadone it! Even if they're secure, there's humidity and dust.
I've been going more serious last year on humidity thing, even on electrics.
There stands are perfect compared to cases, where whole guitar is exposed to same humidity.

So a closet serves as humidity chamber and a humidifyer for me.

There are always parts of neck that does not get same humidity in a cases I had anyway. I a case I put a humidifier in guitar, at neck joint and head - but middle part neck is missing.

If I then put guitar in a floor stand, neck moves more than if I moved it from closet to room. I see both on neck relief and detuned.

I have a few of the Hercules stands. Never had any issues with them. I forget the exact model name but its the one that holds 3 each.

i like Hercules stands

I have a rack stand, but wouldn't recommend it if you are averse to knocks

A few years ago I put everything on the wall, hanging by the neck - bass, guitars, uke, etc. I tried to find info at the time whether it would be a problem long term but didn't seem to be the case. I've had no problem since. Your comment about the neck joint is concerning but I have to say it is very convenient to have them all right there.

personally i love wall hangers because they show off the guitar more. right now i have a fairly simple, not very nice 5 guitar stand that does the job. Just nice to have them all together.

tcc_guitar_stand.jpg

This one holds 3 electric guitars, an electric bass and an acoustic guitar. It's a real space-saver. I also have 3 single floor stands (by RayGear).

raygear_stand.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Guitars”