Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

vulpes777 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:39 am I hate being harsh, at the same time I can't help but thinking Korg's policy for upgrades is schizophrenic, especially if you consider i did buy a partial bundle, which back then amounted to roughly half the available plugins, except by the third time they changed their licensing policy, it wasn't a bundle anymore.
I don't think your reply was harsh. I really can't understand why Korg wouldn't want to make it as easy as possible to buy their stuff. IMO, if someone takes the time to write in and has a bunch of other licenses, just give them the damn discount and don't be so picky about it. Assuming they plan to keep releasing new versions of the collection, that's another person paying for upgrades in the future, and probably convincing others to buy it too.

This isn't hard. If someone's getting 4 new synths, they should get the Special Bundle price, regardless of how they acquired the other ones.
Stormchild

Norqa wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:59 pm The MiniKorg has a lot of character.
Finally Korg is getting around to the idea if they don't exploit their legacy someone else will.
Yep, sounds pretty great. They knocked the ARP Odyssey plugin out of the park too. Hope they're working on a 2600 plugin, because no one else has nailed it yet (though I like the Cherry Audio one quite a bit).
Stormchild

If anyone interested that has Cubase 11 and getting Cpu overloads with a fast computer like i did with MIni Korg , the latest from collection 3 and the Arp Oddessy by Korg.
I found the solution in my case.

Go to Studio in Cubase 11 and check the cubase box AUDIO POWER SCHEME

Works a treat and also stops the Cpu hanging.

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:25 amThere is a Bank (F) in the Triton eXtreme with Z1 sounds.This are still missing in the plugin.
My question is why Korg?
None of the Triton plugins have any of the physical modelling/MOSS engine stuff from the expansion boards at this time. Those boards are essentially completely different synths, that would need completely different modelling.

The Prophecy is the first plugin to add some of those things, they may also be working on the Z1 stuff as well, and may even end up adding it to the Triton in time, but I expect they'd keep it separate. They haven't added any of the sampling expansion board features either (and neither did Roland for the XV-5080).

The Moss Board is part of the Triton and its part of the Heart of this workstation synth.So you can make very good Multi Patches.
Without this Z1 Osc the plugin is incomplete and I don't understand Korg not model this,who needs a second Extreme VST?
I hope Korg make an logical update for the Triton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCZy-JdwuH4

could someone pls tell me, what the buttons "SW1" & "SW2" above joystick in Triton are for?
can´t find it in the manual :(

The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm could someone pls tell me, what the buttons "SW1" & "SW2" above joystick in Triton are for?
they are assignable switches. right click on them to assign.

The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:52 pm could someone pls tell me, what the buttons "SW1" & "SW2" above joystick in Triton are for?
On the hardware, they are on/off switches that you can use as (additional) modulation sources.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

thanks alot @zvenx
don´t understand why it isn´t separate mentioned in the manual, but you helped me now
I found a kit-preset, where one of the SW turned off Drumloop, so that I could use the separate Drum-sounds, nice

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:10 am The Moss Board is part of the Triton and its part of the Heart of this workstation synth.
Wrong, it was an optional expansion board, far from "the heart of the synth".

We can hope for a Z1 plugin, but I doubt they will add MOSS into Triton/TEX plugins.

My second keyboardist in our keyboard band had the Triton, and my spouse and I both had the Triton Extremes with the MOSS expansion.
So AFAIR, MOSS was never "a part" or "heart" of these boards without opting to upgrading with that expansion...
At some point though, Korg did offer the expansion as a free incentive to buy the Extreme. But it was still an optional expansion.

And there was a different sound between the two versions, which in some ways I can hear also. Korg at least gave us the two as one with this title. Whereas in comparison, the Roland Cloud scheme lists the JV and XV as two separate purchases without any real reason other than their own narrow subscription greed.
Big difference between New York and Boston. I've been quietly hoping that the current events of New York cause Korg to move their Legacy HW/SW to some place like Nashville or Austin and leave just their Gadget mentality to New York. There's been a definite philosophical schism for some time apparent to those of us that have dealt with them throughout the decades.
But I'm always watchful of what they're doing next.

Add/edit: there has been other comments from them that make somewhat ambiguous claims that MOSS "evolved" (or "devolved") to other states as in the Radias/AL/ KingKorg versions. I do feel these to be different to not totally agree with those claims, but still get the point they make with those claims. I remember a while back on the Korg forums where there were comments made about them losing the original code for MOSS in a way that they could never really replicate the original. Which really never made sense to me. Still, I recall that being repeated fairly often.

I'd like to see the Radias-AL and Mod-7 engines added, but those might not be "legacy" enough to warrant marketing them as software yet since they really haven't even hit their saturation point in the hardware market.

BBFG# wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:48 pmI remember a while back on the Korg forums where the were comments made about them losing the original code for MOSS in a way that they could never really replicate the original. Which really never made sense to me. Still, I recall n that being repeated fairly often.
Post from Jerry (one of Korg employees) on Harmony Central from years back.

BBFG# wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:48 pm And there was a different sound between the two versions, which in some ways I can hear also. Korg at least gave us the two as one with this title.
did that mean, when I upgrade from old KLC now, then there´s only the Triton Extreme in the package? :? but I will need both, if I decide to buy :pray:

The Sarge! wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:21 pm
did that mean, when I upgrade from old KLC now, then there´s only the Triton Extreme in the package? :? but I will need both, if I decide to buy :pray:
No, you get both. I upgraded from the legacy collection and got both tritons when I upgraded to the full Collection 3.

Didn't the prophecy and z1 used
sondius algo's in the first place licensed from stanford university ?
So what if the og developer has died ?
The algo's are still there
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”