The best DAW - "scientific" verdict ;)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:50 am Was it peer reviewed? :shrug:
:hihi:

They should have asked some engineers.

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:28 pm how is that science? he didn't use a bunsen burner!
In that respect, Audiothing clearly have the best effects.

jamcat wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:39 am A big part of the scientific process is getting the basic facts right. :lol:

Well, they did use Logic, but they failed to include Reason. I guess that makes it "pseuDAW-science"? :hihi:

Sorry for the bad dad puns :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The standard version of Pro Tools ($599 if purchased outright) offers probably the most impressive and complete set of stock instrument and audio effect plug-ins: 119 total plug-ins, including convincing emulations of classic hardware for signal chain mastery, UVI excellent Falcon virtual instrument, and a guitarists’ playground that pairs the Eleven MKII guitar/bass amp simulator with more than a dozen stompbox emulations
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? Compared to what? Did the guy that performed the so called tests "actually" tried all the DAW's? :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

so what great scientific breakthrough did you make at work today honey?

fmr wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:31 pm Did the guy that performed the so called tests "actually" tried all the DAW's? :roll:
It wasn't just one guy. Here's the PopSci DAW-testing team at work...

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I doubt the writer was paid even close to enough to cover every DAW, and if he did, the article would be massive. I largely agree with the overall conclusions and I think the writing/editing is quite good. Other than the massive paragraphs at any rate.

But he probably should've listed other options such as Bitwig, Reason, etc. just to ward off criticism and to let folks know that there are a host of alternatives out there.

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 pmBut he probably should've listed other options such as Bitwig, Reason, etc. just to ward off criticism and to let folks know that there are a host of alternatives out there.
Reason's covered in his newest piece:
https://www.popsci.com/reviews/best-mus ... -software/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

machinesworking wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:36 am the reason X DAW is good for polka.
Wait! There's a Polka DAW? :love:
Is it a special 'X' version of reason?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

'Fruity Loops' is an anagram of 'Purify Stool'.

I rest my case.

antic604 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:16 pm
jonljacobi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:55 pmBut he probably should've listed other options such as Bitwig, Reason, etc. just to ward off criticism and to let folks know that there are a host of alternatives out there.
Reason's covered in his newest piece:
https://www.popsci.com/reviews/best-mus ... -software/
Right :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

These articles are what are known in the biz as SEO pieces. You study what people are searching for, use the words in the title, then write the article. Sure-fired way to rise to the top of the search engines and get clicks. Unfortunately, everyone's doing it now and the result is a lot of repetition, fluff, and barely useful articles.

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:30 pm These articles are what are known in the biz as SEO pieces. You study what people are searching for, use the words in the title, then write the article. Sure-fired way to rise to the top of the search engines and get clicks. Unfortunately, everyone's doing it now and the result is a lot of repetition, fluff, and barely useful articles.
Wait a minute, did you go full-on meta?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

LOL. Yes.

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:30 pm These articles are what are known in the biz as SEO pieces. You study what people are searching for, use the words in the title, then write the article. Sure-fired way to rise to the top of the search engines and get clicks. Unfortunately, everyone's doing it now and the result is a lot of repetition, fluff, and barely useful articles.
I'm going meta on this, this is why we can't have truly unique things in general anymore. If everything is based on popularity and sell-ability, then there will never be another truly DIY movement, because the younger generation won't even know what that means outside of some 5th party marketing interpretation of what DIY means.

It's why Hollywood stopped producing genuinely complicated movies. We will never see another movie as morally ambiguous as Dog Day Afternoon. AI brings us foreign intervention and homogenous but specifically designed for you marketing, fun.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”