Audiorealism ABL3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3)

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:18 pm Hi Guys,

Uploaded an update with some of suggestions from this thread, including the mythical 3.2.2 audio engine.

- Fixed display of Parameters (In Live etc). Tuning now says (+/- semitones) and other parameters such as Cutoff 0.00 - 1.00
- Adding Model 4 (which is ABL3.2.2 due to request from KVR users)
- Changes to Emulation Engine menu entries to:
"ABL2"
"ABL3.2"
"ABL3.3 (Model 1)"
"ABL3.3 (Model 2)"
- Bass/Treble boost now reads +/- 0-6dB instead of 0-100%. But only in the gui, the parameter display from host is still 0.0-1.0

More info here :
https://www.audiorealism.se/news/audior ... -line-3301
Hey Mike - it's been a long time! :wink: Congrats on the update. Are there any plans to update the Rack Extension version of ABL3 to keep it in alignment, feature-wise, with the VST?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:44 pm I think you included the 3.2 model and not the 3.2.2 ,since that version also didn't have the improv.emu switch and vcf trim
Sorry , still NO abl to rule them all :)
Yes, I might have added the wrong engine. Honestly, I have too many versions to keep track of, which is why I was hesitant to do this in the first place. Now I realise it was a bad idea, so either got to roll it back or spend lots of time diff/digging after the correct version.
--Mike
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

EnochLight wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:41 pm
Hey Mike - it's been a long time! :wink: Congrats on the update. Are there any plans to update the Rack Extension version of ABL3 to keep it in alignment, feature-wise, with the VST?
Hey Enoch!

The RE will be updated to scale to the high resolution Reason versions. As for any other changes that depends on what's possible with the SDK and my time and the validation processes..
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:15 pm
The RE will be updated to scale to the high resolution Reason versions. As for any other changes that depends on what's possible with the SDK and my time and the validation processes..
I would love to see an RE update! :party:

Hey Enoch!

Good to hear, Mike. Actually, ABL3 already shows up with hi-res assets for us Reason+ subscribers. :tu: :party: Looks fantastic (except for some Custom Display text aliasing/blurry issues, which can hopefully be fixed)! :( Would be awesome to see the RE get more of the VST features. Here's to hoping!

Open this in a new tab to see the full size zoom in hi-res:

ABL3_hi_res_RE.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by EnochLight on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:12 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:44 pm I think you included the 3.2 model and not the 3.2.2 ,since that version also didn't have the improv.emu switch and vcf trim
Sorry , still NO abl to rule them all :)
Yes, I might have added the wrong engine. Honestly, I have too many versions to keep track of, which is why I was hesitant to do this in the first place. Now I realise it was a bad idea, so either got to roll it back or spend lots of time diff/digging after the correct version.
--Mike
That's both funny and worrying at the same time .
Maybe you have a structural problem ? :ud:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Luckily, my favorite engine is the latest, the 3.3... Totally rubbery and beefy when used with a high quality amp or distortion unit. So I don't have to worry too much about that famous now messy 3.2 ... :P

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Mar 20, 517869 2:31 am Luckily, my favorite engine is the latest, the 3.3... Totally rubbery and beefy when used with a high quality amp or distortion unit. So I don't have to worry too much about that famous now messy 3.2 ... :P

Same here, I use the latest engine with all the additional options and fine tune my sound to suit my needs. I've been running it through Fuse Audiio Labs Dozer Drive when I need it nasty 😁
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

I noticed something in the abl2 mode and 3.x model 1
Whens setting to high res and vcf trim to full there is some kind over decimation
Look at the wave form , when zoomed in there are per sample peaks ( altough these are not audible )
The squarish look is just because my waveform editor doesn't show interpolation betwen samples
Eyeball exchanging

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm Luckily, my favorite engine is the latest, the 3.3... Totally rubbery and beefy when used with a high quality amp or distortion unit. So I don't have to worry too much about that famous now messy 3.2 ... :P
Yes, 3.3 Model 2 should be very close to a stock 303 out of the box, so if that's what you're after then that's a good choice.

--Mike
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Dirty Gui edition :)
Have to say the latest engines are really growing on me :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

Hey Enoch!

Thanks for looking into it! :clap: :hug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Mike Janney wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:38 am
Neon Breath wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm Luckily, my favorite engine is the latest, the 3.3... Totally rubbery and beefy when used with a high quality amp or distortion unit. So I don't have to worry too much about that famous now messy 3.2 ... :P
Yes, 3.3 Model 2 should be very close to a stock 303 out of the box, so if that's what you're after then that's a good choice.

--Mike
:tu: :love:

:D
Eyeball exchanging

I once owned a TB-303 back in the 90's, it was in a very bad condition with scratches, chipping paint, missing letters and lose knobs. So having a super clean and shinny 303 VST clone for me is really a true pleasure and I surely won't use a bad worn out GUI on purpose! :lol:

Return to “Instruments”