Who Has Tried Windows Audio?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:38 am ... I'm going to keep using until I find a reason not to.
I stumbled upon some great wasapi performance while experimenting in linux a while back. I was playing Fathom modular synth, known to use lot's of cpu at times, and was shocked that multiple instances were playing smoothly. Also, the daws, plugins, and applications people use may have a wide range of performance good or bad, based on the skill of the multi-core-multi-thread coding that's available, and if the sundry parts in a session are optimally configured. The process of defining all that can be a buzzkill. Some things are great when set to single-core, and far less than great with even excellent multi-core daw settings.

I think your experience disproves a lot of cliche's, and also proves that well configured quality software and hardware, combined with experience, and knowledge, are to be preferred over old-wives-tales. There are too many production combinations available, to carve anything in stone anymore.
Could drive a mere mortal to set the beer-o'clock alarm an hour earlier...
Cheers

It doesn't make any difference. I always mean to get up onto the marina deck at 5pm but, somehow, I never manage to get there before 6. There always seem to be a couple of little jobs I have to finish before I can get stuck into the beer.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I thought it had all come crashing down the other night. All of a sudden there was no sound and I had to change back to ASIO. Then, the following morning, I realised that I had somehow triggered mute on the laptop. Doh!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”