Expensive vs Budget Drum Machines

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone! Wanted to share this here as had some great feedback from the forums. Did a new video at work focusing on a range of drum machines over different price points and seeing what the difference was in terms of sound and production. Really happy with some of the sounds from each of these machines, as always super keen for comments and feedback!

https://youtu.be/eZVcub0mDYQ

ffll
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey man thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it, let me get back to some of your points...
codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:10 pm
Well produced video. Good content.
What sort of stuff do you plan on doing in the future?

:tu:

Thanks man! At the moment we're focusing on First Looks on forthcoming kit and Deep Dives on studio gear we're interested but hoping to expand to include some artist features in time...

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:10 pm The Volca Beats is a little gem. I know it's the least fave out of all the Volcas, but I got mine for 90 quid from Anderton's and it was mint, bar a ripped box. I don't even mind the snare on it. I like it actually, not like most people it would seem. It can be modded.

In fact, I'm going to mod it with the Midi mod for running my Akai Sampler (saw a video on it and it works great). Akai excels at drums because of its punch and tight Midi timing. That mofo is getting modded and circuit bent too, at some point this year.

Loved the little demo of the Arturia drum machine. I was considering getting one of those. I think I will now. Nice small footprint and very nice sounds.

Yeah the Volca Beats is a great little device - nice with the modding that be great! The Arturia is also pretty powerful given its size!

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:10 pm Shame you didn't do more units, but I get it; it's more expense and time to produce the video. Can I ask if you bought all of these personally or if any were given/loaned to you for the purposes of making the video? Not that it matters, but I'm interested nevertheless.

Yeah to be honest it was a time thing! I got all the machines out of our stock or from our demo room so easy to get hold of, just needed to limit it for times sake...

Thanks for the tips as well - will be exciting to see what you do with your channel mate, thanks again for all the feedback!

jkl
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

kk
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:52 pm a bit cheeky.
but are you feeling spammed? :)

From modwiggler:
It's a fair comment about lack of criticism - might be a combo of what I feel I can say with it being tied to work and honestly, wanted to focus on how each one excels no matter the price point in their own way!
:neutral:
report.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”