Ecoplate Beta (60 day trial + sweepstakes)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interface looks cool but 150$ for a single-algo plate reverb with almost no controls?
I can get 3 valhallas (incl multi-algo plate), or pro-r, or exponential audio or 2c audio.

What makes this one special and how do you justify lack of any controls?

Have yet to try the demo, but for 150$ for a single plate i half expect it to suck my d**k

why everything smells like a clean shaven scam nowadays !?!?!
:)

Sounds okey but I have to test it in on more sources. Not noticeably better than Lustrous plates, Transatlantic plate, UAD Emt 140 etc. Presets by Marc Daniel Nelson so I guess its legit :)

I wonder if it’s just a few impulse responses packaged as a plugin like the Arturia plate.

Dalle wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:43 pm I wonder if it’s just a few impulse responses packaged as a plugin like the Arturia plate.
https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... tcount=425

loungepanda wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Dalle wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:43 pm I wonder if it’s just a few impulse responses packaged as a plugin like the Arturia plate.
Too bad they don’t make a cpu hogging Unlocked version.

I wonder what the reason is for limiting eligibility for a prize in the draw to residents of the USA only.

This guy is wrong.

I'm waiting endorsed influencers to change my mind. :clown:

Ploki wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:14 am Interface looks cool but 150$ for a single-algo plate reverb with almost no controls?
I can get 3 valhallas (incl multi-algo plate), or pro-r, or exponential audio or 2c audio.

What makes this one special and how do you justify lack of any controls?

Have yet to try the demo, but for 150$ for a single plate i half expect it to suck my d**k
Honestly, I agree. I posted here if anyone was particularly in love with the Echoplate itself.

:lol:
Whenever people say a free plugin sounds just like a commercial plugin, I always have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it wouldn't be too hard to reskin a commerical product, give it mediocre presets, and pass it off as your own.

loungepanda wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Yeah it might have taken work to create it but you’re still paying for a few impulse responses with some saturation.

wakax wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:50 am why everything smells like a clean shaven scam nowadays !?!?!
:)
After you pay development costs and overheads, software has almost a 100% profit margin. That's why $299 plugins can be $29 for THIS WEEK ONLY SALE EXTENDED :lol:

Hey guys, I'm new to KVR - I am one of the developers of the Ecoplate plugin here. Thought I'd chime in when this discussion popped up on my radar

Couple things I saw being discussed above:
  • - we do have what I would consider to be quite a few controls going on. Length, pre and post filters, pre delay - the ones you see there. There's an advanced menu with a stereo imager, saturation, noise, 4 band... some hidden features like keeping a dry signal static when using the mix knob, etc... not sure if that's a lot by the definition here but i think it's more than you can see

- the reverb engine is a bit of a hybrid so there were multiple types of modelling that went into it. some convolution, some algorithmic components... a mixture of techniques we felt would do the giant 12 foot one we have some justice
As far as the sweepstakes I can't tell you - I'm the DSP guy, nowhere near marketing. But I am happy to answer any questions you guys have regarding the actual effect.

My bad for garbage formatting - new here

Return to “Effects”