Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

MFXxx wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 pm Ive had a quick check on korgs website but find it a little confusing. Can anyone confirm if this can be installed on 2 systems as long as only 1 being used at a time ie desktop and laptop please?

Thanks
Yes, you can install in several systems. I use way more than two (not simultanenously, of course), and have Korg Collection installed in all of the without any complain.
Fernando (FMR)

BBFG# wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 pm Can confirm like others that ASIO has been added to the preferences/settings in the Mini and Prophecy.

However, trying to switch to ASIO in the Odyssey stand alone still crashes it.
No problems over here, running the latest official Windows 10. Maybe it's a problem with you hardware driver specifically?
Fernando (FMR)

#@fmr Thank you.
FWIW The installer is not playing ball on my system. Everythings been installed, running and tested.
MDEx reporting not installed and fails the update.
Korg Tritan Extreme is blanked out no option.
Ended up manually downloading individually from the KorgID account page.
Cheers all

fmr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:04 pm
BBFG# wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 pm Can confirm like others that ASIO has been added to the preferences/settings in the Mini and Prophecy.

No problems over here, running the latest official Windows 10. Maybe it's a problem with you hardware driver specifically?
Also running the latest official Windows 10. What hardware driver are you suggesting has a problem?
(Remembering that all other stand-alones from Korg and the other companies I have installed are working fine. So it is Korg Odyssey specific.)

BBFG# wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:37 pm

Also running the latest official Windows 10. What hardware driver are you suggesting has a problem?
(Remembering that all other stand-alones from Korg and the other companies I have installed are working fine. So it is Korg Odyssey specific.)
I use Windows 10 and just updated Odyssey, switched from ASIO to Windows Audio, and then back again to ASIO with no issues in standalone. When I click "About" in the menu it shows as v1.3.0 (10)

Examigan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:57 pm
BBFG# wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:37 pm

I use Windows 10 and just updated Odyssey, switched from ASIO to Windows Audio, and then back again to ASIO with no issues in standalone. v1.3.0 (10)
And you think telling me that helps?
If there's nothing to suggest then maybe no comment is necessary...
Korg is still silent.
And yes, all the same numbers.

I don't think anybody reporting that they aren't encountering an issue is them saying someone experiencing an issue must be wrong. People are checking and trying to reproduce the issue as a way to help track down the problem. Knowing that someone on a similar setup is not having the issue is helpful in narrowing down the culprit.

Wasn't saying anyone was saying that.
The first one laid out a vague cause and I asked for details. Although simple deduction should eliminate that. Second one said pretty much the same, without any possibility for why. I posted in case someone else was experiencing the same thing.

Don't want this to keep sprawling back and forth though. So my simple solution is to just delete the stand-alone icon from my desktop, see if Korg ever answers and uninstall the two demos as well. Not really interested in those three now. Or bantering about with others not experiencing it. Taking a pass on this upgrade after seeing they're not really done yet.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:24 amNo.
That's what I thought. Smooth sound transition is very useful in live performance. Roland plugins offer the function.

@BBFG#
oh boy, you decide who has and what he/she has to write? realy? didn´t know, that you OWN this forum...
don´t push your anger about KORG-Support not against forum-members!
good decision to pass on, see you than in a better mood, hope so
PEACE

BBFG# wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:58 am Wasn't saying anyone was saying that.
The first one laid out a vague cause and I asked for details. Although simple deduction should eliminate that. Second one said pretty much the same, without any possibility for why. I posted in case someone else was experiencing the same thing.
I don't think "simple deduction should eliminate that". Since two guys already reported they are using ASIO without problems, your problem may be related to the way Oddissey deals with YOUR hardware ASIO driver. Odissey was not programmed by the same team that programmed the other instruments, so it deals with things differently. The fact the other Korg instruments are dealing with ASIO without problems means nothing in these circumstances.

If you have some Steinberg software installed, you may also have the Steinberg "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver". Try that one - it will address other hardware (the one used by your computer to play audio), and see if that also causes a crash.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

is this a bug or is this how it should be?
Triton Extreme (demo) :
Factory Banks E, F G aren´t there (both Combi & Prog)
and Factory Bank N (Combi) has all 128 Programs as "InitialCombiN" followed by 000-127, all 8 Parts chosen with "BD Grand Concert"

tried to help myself by reading the manual, but due to (maybe) laziness are in the chapter "Browser" the same pages from normal TRITON VST pasted instead of the Extreme´s shown

Respect Korg that you still produce software synths.I hope there is more to come and the Z1 is the most best digital synth in my eyes to bring it back to live in virtual form.Physical Modeling in combination with analog is very like infinity.

I am trying to buy the bundle. I already own M1, MDE-X, WAVESTATION, Polysix, Mono Poly, MS 20 and M1LE.
The only discount code i can see at korg user.net is the M1LE code. The cheapest one i see is $199.
Any helpful pointers on how to upgrade cheaper?

@Aksel
that is for those Plug-Ins you own the cheapest
I have the old Legacy Collection (Wavestation, Polysix, MS-20, MDE-X and Legacy Cell) and also MonoPoly and M1 and have also to pay 199€

Return to “Instruments”