Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:40 am
Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 am Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Hey, Aloysius! We also have single purchase license options available for each instrument in the Roland Cloud Collection, called Lifetime Keys. Lifetime Keys are always attached to your account, include all future updates of the instruments, and can be signed in on up to five devices. It's a good option if you want one or more instruments, but don't want to do a full membership. Thanks!
Hey Brian!
Once purchased, do these lifetime keys exist without interruption on our system, or do we need to log in periodically to keep them running?

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:40 am
Aloysius wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:55 am Thanks Brian.McClelland. I've no interest in subscriptions. No point in demoing.
Muziksculp wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:39 am Hi,

Question. How do I move the samples for i.e. Roland Cloud XV-5080 from the C: drive to another drive on my PC (Windows 10). I don't want to mess around with the Windows 10 Registry, is there an easy way to do this ?

The Roland Cloud Manager installed the sample content on my C: drive, I guess it is the default setting, it didn't ask me where I want to place the samples, (I think this should be improved by Roland), so one can select the desired destination drive during the installation.

Any feedback/help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, Muziksculp! Brian from Roland Cloud here. We recommend keeping files on the home drive whenever possible as moving files around can lead to disruptions. For assistance, please feel free to Contact Support through the lower left menu in Roland Cloud Manager, and we'll take care of you. Thanks!

Hi Brian,

OK. No problem. I will just keep the content on my C: Drive. But I would prefer if the RCM would ask for the location of the content when I press 'Install', just in case there is not enough space on the C: drive, or to have the option of managing my disc space before installing a VST Instrument's content. Especially if the content is i.e. over 200 MB in size.

I got the Ultimate subscription option, and I'm quite impressed by the amount of content available already, and look forward to see more cool sounding Roland instruments available on the Roland Cloud.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm * list of answers about other things *
Hi Brian, can you please find out if there are any plans to add reverb effect options to Zenology and Zenology FX?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 am
Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm * list of answers about other things *
Hi Brian, can you please find out if there are any plans to add reverb effect options to Zenology and Zenology FX?
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! I did inquire about this, but there is no information on the addition of reverb to Zenology FX at this time. I've got a running tally of requests for it that are going in with the report on Monday though, so I'll add your name to the list of requests for it. Thanks!

Hey, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. As we gear up for #808Day weekend, we wanted to share some of the sounds that make the Roland TR-808 the legend that it is. Until August 31st, the TR-808 and the Dark Techno, Dynamix II, Modern Hip Hop, and 808 Techno patch collections will be available for free for all Roland Account holders in our Test Drive section. Try them out today!

https://rolandcloud.com/news/happy-808-day

Thanks!

Why not put the Lifetime Key license on sale to celebrate?
rsp
sound sculptist

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:23 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:39 am
Hey, WatchTheGuitar! I did inquire about this, but there is no information on the addition of reverb to Zenology FX at this time. I've got a running tally of requests for it that are going in with the report on Monday though, so I'll add your name to the list of requests for it. Thanks!
Hi Brian,
I have made this request in the past, and it has been ignored, so far. Please add me to that list. I won't consider buying zenology without a reverb. It is a glaring omission, imho.

And while i'm at it, iI may as well also mention the horrendous start-up time for both zenology and zenology fx. this really needs to be addressed.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 am Hey Brian!
Once purchased, do these lifetime keys exist without interruption on our system, or do we need to log in periodically to keep them running?
Roland page says that you can use them as long as your account is active, so some kind of online confirmation should be required. Would be nice to know what it means more precisely, tho.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:36 am
Roland page says that you can use them as long as your account is active, so some kind of online confirmation should be required. Would be nice to know what it means more precisely, tho.
You would need a non-subscribing RC account. Nothing complicated.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 am
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:36 am
You would need a non-subscribing RC account. Nothing complicated.
That was not the question, but how they validate if you have an account when activating the synth.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I just want the option of buying a "lifetime key" without having to have an account or having to ever sign on to Roland again. Lifetime as long as subscribed is not lifetime at all to me.
Have enough lifetime things from them that'll probably not live to see the next computer I eventually have to upgrade to. All because they require signing in to a site they killed by closing it down.
And so far, it seems that "Brian" goes silent every time someone asks to clarify directly without spin.

BBFG# wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:52 pm I just want the option of buying a "lifetime key" without having to have an account or having to ever sign on to Roland again.
I wasn't 100% sure, as I thought I had to login once every few weeks (or so) to keep it running correctly. I just checked in their Support section and found this in their FAQs. I don't think I have logged in every single week and yet they keep working for me here.

"Q: Does a Lifetime Key still need to authorize?

A: Lifetime Keys will need to connect to the internet through Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days. For smoothest operation, we recommend connecting to the internet, and opening Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days. This will keep your instruments authorized and then you’re good to go for another week."

https://www.rolandcloud.com/support

Examigan wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:08 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:52 pm I just want the option of buying a "lifetime key" without having to have an account or having to ever sign on to Roland again.
I wasn't 100% sure, as I thought I had to login once every few weeks (or so) to keep it running correctly. I just checked in their Support section and found this in their FAQs. I don't think I have logged in every single week and yet they keep working for me here.

"Q: Does a Lifetime Key still need to authorize?

A: Lifetime Keys will need to connect to the internet through Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days. For smoothest operation, we recommend connecting to the internet, and opening Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days. This will keep your instruments authorized and then you’re good to go for another week."

https://www.rolandcloud.com/support
Yeah, and IIRC, there was a "Brian comment" that said they had or were putting it in place that would be a thirty day requirement instead. But that's exactly the type of double-speak I've learned to never trust from Roland again.
And the only reason I continue to check this thread is in hoping they drop that lie and make a lifetime key a real lifetime key. So far, they don't have a good track record of anything ever being lifetime. And in fact, they seem to work at actually killing them at some point and blaming something else for them moving on to a new scheme.

It's not the account that is irksome (as most plugins require you to make an account), it's the "phone-home" thing that bugs me. If you buy a life-time licenses, you should be able to authorize it once per install and then never again.

I mean, I understand it for the subscription, but it is unfair for a Lifetime license owner.

For a company that uses program changes on their hardware synths and workstations, is it really this hard for your developers to implement this in the software, so we don't have to use the mouse to change patches?

Why is such a basic midi feature continually being overlooked in the plugin?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”