One Synth Challenge #150: TAL-NoiseMaker (Aiynzahev wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 pm I was thinking about doing a drum ... but I'm having a lot of difficulty imagining drum beats ... any suggestions are welcome.
Find some African or Tribal drum loops and recreate them as close as possible with Noisemaker?

z.prime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:39 pm
Aro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:17 pm I was thinking about doing a drum ... but I'm having a lot of difficulty imagining drum beats ... any suggestions are welcome.
Find some African or Tribal drum loops and recreate them as close as possible with Noisemaker?
So its okay just to copy beats? I don't know what the rules are with drums. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Aro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:24 pmits okay just to copy beats? I don't know what the rules are with drums. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
Yes, probably overthinking it. I guess I meant more for getting sounds to use and inspiration, but if you were to recreate a royalty free drum loop as a small part of a larger composition I don’t think it would be much of an issue.

Hi everyone, long time! 8)
Irion Da Ronin - Ikigai
https://soundcloud.com/irion-da-ronin/ikigai

KVROSC 150 | TAL-NoiseMaker II (18 instances)

·Made in FL Studio 20.
·Stock effects: FL Maximus, FL Parametric EQ 2, FL LovePhilter (for fake sidechain), FL Patcher (for Mid/Side EQ, FL Peak Controller (for Low freqs EQ sidechain), FL Limiter.
·Free Effects: ArcDev Industries ET-301 (Without the modulation), TAL Reverb 3.

Chiptune/EDM.
This melody was getting sticky in my head since yesterday, and today i could finish this for fun.
I don't have much time, but i wanted to finish this track with the sticky flutish melody.

Ikigai is a japanese word, it's something related to live a long life happily since you find the meaning of your existence.
This melody comes from my inner child, as i remember when i was a child and played games in Commodore 64K, hence the chiptune style.
Somehow, and despite all what happened to me these months, i found the power and energy to continue forward. But running out of time, i have a lot of things to do yet.

I hope you like it! Thanks everyone.
Have a nice day! :smile:
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

z.prime wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 pm
Aro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:24 pmits okay just to copy beats? I don't know what the rules are with drums. Maybe I'm overthinking it.
Yes, probably overthinking it. I guess I meant more for getting sounds to use and inspiration, but if you were to recreate a royalty free drum loop as a small part of a larger composition I don’t think it would be much of an issue.
Thanks z.prime. I probably just need to start working with drums, and I'll catch on. I will try and recreate some loops and hope for the best.

I'm having a little bit of trouble with the level of my track after mixdown. No matter how loud I perceive it to be in my DAW, and despite mega limiting because of excessive clipping, it sounds so small after mix down when I play in AIMP, VLC or soundcloud. I think it might have something to do with my use of distortion in Noisemaker. Usually I don't worry about clipping until the end. I want it to sound so badly how it sounds to me in my DAW. Do I need to rethink the sounds?

Aro wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pmI'm having a little bit of trouble with the level of my track after mixdown...
Is there a DC offset problem?

z.prime wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Aro wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pmI'm having a little bit of trouble with the level of my track after mixdown...
Is there a DC offset problem?
I don't think so. I checked the "Block DC offset" button on each of my tracks from the mixtool in Studio One, and it didn't seem to make a difference. If I put a limiter on the master bus, post fader, and then turn the fader up all the way, and then compare them with my ears to other songs on Soundcloud, its pretty close to how loud those songs are. It just seems strange that there is such a difference in volume. I've never had this problem before.

Anyways, I'm not a very delicate person when it comes to volume and sound crafting, which I'm working on. I'll probably check out some tutorials on YouTube on loudness.

OK. Ya'll know I've been having WAY too much fun with VCV rack. Here's a question for ya. RULES-wise, can I use triggering from VCV to trigger my noisemaker drum sounds in Reaper? I already have the midi IO worked out. it would be strictly sending midi data. basically using VCV as a sequencer. Am I crazy? don't answer that.

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:43 am OK. Ya'll know I've been having WAY too much fun with VCV rack. Here's a question for ya. RULES-wise, can I use triggering from VCV to trigger my noisemaker drum sounds in Reaper? I already have the midi IO worked out. it would be strictly sending midi data. basically using VCV as a sequencer. Am I crazy? don't answer that.
Don't answer whether you can use a free MIDI sequencer, essentially? Okay. You are crazy.

Having a different track for each drum sound and playing them one at a time is really a pain. Usually for OSC I would program drums in a drum machine vst, then replace the drum machine sounds with drum preset sounds from this months synth. But doing it this way changes the feel of the song when the drum sounds change. I guess I could program all the drums first, so changing drum sounds wouldn't affect the feel of other parts but this isn't how I usually make songs.

I wonder if there's a vst that can load other vsts, and make it so that each vst only accepts one note as input. So I could load a new instance for each drum type, and it would only play when I got a specific note on my midi controller. Unify or metaplugin or something? Or maybe there's a way to restrict input notes for a specific instrument track inside of Studio One. Time to research.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's easily done in Metaplugin. Just use a MIDI filter before each synth. I find eaRreckon MIDI Polysher to be very convenient.

Aro wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pm I'm having a little bit of trouble with the level of my track after mixdown...
It can pay to have a look at the frequency content of the mix. ( Very ) high frequencies will not be all that audible, but will eat up head room. TDR Nova has fine filters to address possible issues, inc. very steep ones.

https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/zerof ... jVZWb08r3m

Bitwig Studio 3.3.11
19x TAL NoiseMaker
5x Tool
18X EQ+
2x Delay 4
1x Wider
1x Transient Control
2x Distortion
4x Saturator
1x Multiband FX2 (OTT/Gate/Chain (Hard Clip))
2x Chain (Hard Clip)
1x Dynamics

Kinda just done with it tbh
It's very tasty, I swear!

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:43 am OK. Ya'll know I've been having WAY too much fun with VCV rack. Here's a question for ya. RULES-wise, can I use triggering from VCV to trigger my noisemaker drum sounds in Reaper?
A) Yes, that sounds great and totally valid.

B) If you record the MIDI in Reaper, you now have a MIDI item like any other. It doesn't really matter how you created it.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Return to “Instruments”